Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

F*cking Mormons...

Well guess who knocked on our door, to ask us to vote YES on Prop 8? Wow, they have mobilized like nothing I've ever seen. Multiple friends at work, that all live in different cities, have had Mormons come to their door in the last week to talk about Prop 8. Fucking Mormons.

8 comments:

Holly said...

ditto. fucking mormons.

Anonymous said...

UGH! What did you do?

Anonymous said...

Ugh.

I read this article this morning:

http://www.queerty.com/mormon-leaders-make-small-moves-on-gay-rights-20080910/

which explains that they have made a small liberal move. (It's not much, I know, and especially not when they've come to your doorstep.)

Anonymous said...

I could look it up but I figure other people are wondering too.. what's proposition 8?

Pardon my ignorance... we're suddenly in the midst of a federal election up here too. Damn it, now I have to pay attention to Canadian and American elections - and a whole slew of political ads from both sides of the border.

Inlocoparentis said...

They have been targeting everyone in my neighborhood who has an Obama sign. Creepy.

Lizzie said...

What did you say?????

Anonymous said...

Fucking Mormons. Fucking Christian Righ. We've had phone calls. One of them posted on my blog (and I deleted the comment). They really have mobilized, and they're trying to get this passed by suggesting that same-sex marriage will be taught to kindergarteners. They make me insane with anger, I tell you. Insane.

Anonymous said...

hahaha! They're hilarious...you can spot them from a mile away. The other day my lady and I were walking the dog and were approached by what I think might have been these very same guys. As soon as they opened their mouths I just yelled into their face on the street "NO, I'M GAY." Bwahaha--I love this picture!