So I've been avoiding the TTC topic for a few days. How about an update? I have some seemingly bad news, and normally you'd expect me to be crying/ready to retreat. I actually feel very liberated, happy, and zen. Ok, how about that TTC news!
I went in for my second SHG yesterday. It wasn't enjoyable - ouch! The RE confirmed that I do, in fact, have a decent-sized polyp. It's probably been growing for a few years, and causing me problems. Plus, I have another small polyp growing. I now need to have both surgically removed. It will require general anesthesia, 45 minutes of surgery, and 3-5 days of missed work to recover. (And I get to wear this pretty pad/panty as illustrated in the pic) AND - it will require 2 more months of putting things on hold.
Becky was so worried I would go into my "k-hole" - since this was a lot of bad news. I am actually thrilled, elated, hopeful, happy, and zen. Yes, it is a lot of crap to absorb at once. Why am I happy?
* They finally confirmed what that growth is
* There is a clear path to improving my fertility
* They can remove the polyps (albeit yucky surgery)
* I get to miss 3-5 days of work (silver lining, people, come on!) ;-)
* I don't have to stress about scheduling appts with my work schedule
* I can eat/drink what I want, for another 2 months
* Maybe I can get my ass in gear, and start working out more
* We have time to pick our new donor
I'm trying to have faith - that with the removed polyp, and a new donor - we will greatly improve our chances. I will get pregnant! The surgery will be in first half of October. I'm just glad we're taking time off to fix these issues, versus throwing money away when my body can't support a pregnancy.
Like I said - even with this truckload of bad news, I feel absolutely zen. Ommmmm.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Surgery and "I'm Going to Have to Wear WHAT!?!?!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



16 comments:
I'm so glad they identified what is going on in there. Two Hot Mamas just went through the same thing and gets to try again, with her polyp all cleaned out/gone now .... http://twohotmamas.blogspot.com/
As Lizzie says, I just went through that. (And hey! I didn't get super sexy underwear like that to wear! Just a pad!)
I was most concerned about the anesthesia, as I'd never had it before. Luckily, my RE did it, and I like and trust him, but it would've been okay no matter what. I felt better later that same day, and only had pressure (probably what other people would have/call pain, but that's another story for another day) and spotting for about a day. I was told it could last for a week.
I know I was probably lucky, but if you have any questions, feel free to give me a holler. :)
And trust me, though I was totally bummed about the forced 2 month pause, I was TOTALLY excited about having an issue identified that could be taken care of, so I totally understand.
Glad you are feeling relief from the news. It makes sense. Now you know what can be done to increase your chances of conception. :)
im so glad you got a diagnosis, a solution. Mine was a smaller pill to swallow but it was so helpful to understand why things were not working. there is light!
Great, great attitude. Good for you. We'll be thinking of you!
It does seem like hopeful news, although it requeres surgery and a wait. Things will be all nice and smooth in there, just waiting to make a baby.
i'm happy you are okay with it, and i know that with these things taken care of, baby will be on the way soon! the time will pass quickly - it always does.
dp is awaiting s sonohistogram to confirm whether or not she has a polyp - the hsg and pelvic u/s both indicated she does. we were getting all our ducks in a row before ttc, so the 2 month hiatus isn't as big a deal for us. good luck and keep us posted how it goes.
Getting those suckers out HAS to be a good thing. The time it takes is just static. AND you get to wear those hot knickers!
ok buddha, i'm glad you are so zan! hahaha.
1. i love lists
2. i'm so glad they figured this out, too. thank god (buddha)!
3. i don't think they'll let you drink on the pain meds, but, i mean, try it, it might be nice...
4. i think it's true that this is gonna help your fertility a ton.
i um, the thought of wearing that diaper thing makes me wanna crawl out of my skin. fyi, i don't wear underwear at ALL. theymake me too claustrophobic. i'd have to just sit over the toilet all day if i were you.
5. i'm glad you are taking this all so well. and if for whatever reason you have a day that you don't, you know where to find me!
xo
oh, and thanks for stroking my ego yesterday. you clearly knew what i needed hahaha.
Awesome! I'm so glad you've got a great attitude and that you have a plan ahead.
I had a polyp removed last year before all this TTCing. It was no big deal at all (I actually really loved the anesthesia!) I must admit that I was only sore for the rest of that day ... but I took off the week from work. It was great! I hope your surgery goes equally well so you can enjoy your time off!
I'm so glad you're feeling so zen about this. I think I might too, knowing that something can and will be done about this.
Those are some incredibly sexy undies, by the way. Will you be posting photos? :-)
your attitude is great, in fact, i think it's good news for all of the reasons you listed. you can actually pursue your dream with a real chance now, that's fantastic! here's hoping for as little pain as possible!
Pass some of that zen over to me! I'm glad you have a plan
Surgery is no fun but I'm glad you are feeling upbeat and zen about it all. Here's hoping the time passes swiftly.
Good news that the problem has a name and a resolution.
Good luck!
Post a Comment