So we were driving back from the gym this morning.. and on the busiest streets (right off the highway) in our town, were 30-40 "YES ON 8" people. (Prop 8 will eliminate the right o gays to be legally married in CA)
They are all holding signs, and they ARE FULL OF LIES!!!! You wanna know what their signs say?
Prop 8 = Freedom of Speech (WTF??)
Prop 8 = Parental Rights (are you effing serious?)
Prop 8 = Religious Freedom
I was so enraged when I saw those lying, misleading signs. How dare they try to steal votes by lying. Prop 8 is NOT about parental rights. I can't believe they have the balls to even suggest that. And religious freedom, freedom of speech? Prop 8 takes that away!
I am so mad. They know the only way to win votes is by totally lying about the subject. There wasnt one sign that said anything about marriage. They may ask well say "Yes on 8 = bringing our troops home" and "Yes on 8 = no more income tax"
Those fuckers - I am so mad. I could tell they were all Mormon, too. I yelled out NO ON 8 to them. They are lying, mean, fuckers. I fucking hate all of them.
I got home and called our LGBT Center. They dont have any rallies planned, just phone banks. They also don't have any NO on 8 signs. sigh. So I called the No on 8 official HQ in SF. They dont have any rallies out here. Just one in SF (really? do we really think a SF rally is most effective?). They finally gave me the # of the San Jose "No on 8" office. They dont have rallies either, but do phone banking. They asked if I can volunteer on election day at polling locations, to hand out no on 8 pamphlets. I'll do that.
I also convinced Becky to volunteer a few hours at the No on 8 office with me. We will try to go today and tomorrow.
Ugh, just so furious, I cant even explain how mad I am right now.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Furious and Enraged
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Like I wrote on my Facebook status today... I'm looking forward to the Rapture - the day when all the Christians and their hatred are swept up to heaven leaving us on earth to marry who we wish.
Such lies, I totally get your rage.
Good for you for planning to volunteer and work on this. I sent money to the no on prop 8 people, and i'm writing a long letter to everyone i know in california. i'm glad you're getting out there for our side.
It totally sucks that I was raised and brainwashed to be mormon when I was younger...
that is sooo frustrating!! it's sad enough if the proposition wins legitimately but to win on lies is ridiculous! but shame on the GLBT Center for not having a more aggressive game plan. i would imagine there are others in san jose like you guys who would be willing to pitch in if the resources were readily available...
We have been so frustrated too, but writing letters to the editor right now really helps. Go to the No on 8 website (www.noonprop8.com), and you can write to five different papers in your area from there at one time. I had a couple end up in papers and have gotten some interesting response. It does help. You can also give a little money to keep the TV ads coming. They seem to really be working. If you donate even five dollars, it makes a difference, and if you donate today, there's a philanthropist who is matching donations. These are some of the things we've been doing to calm the fury we have about this. Keeping busy does help. I'm just sorry you had to see what you did.
motherfuckers.
Post a Comment