OMG guys - so the No on 8 rally I planned today. HUGE HUGE SUCCESS! We had approx 175 people!!!! This makes it not only the largest No on 8 rally in the South Bay, but likely within the top 3 of Northern CA!
175 people!!!!! And half of them were straight, and at least half of them were in high school! Youth, who aren't even old enough to vote, were out to support our cause!
What's even greater - I would say, this time, 98% of the response was positive. It was a NONSTOP stream of horns honking. Nonstop. You couldn't even hold a conversation with someone next to you.
We had people honking that were:
- old guys in trucker hats in beater trucks
- Latino families with lots of kids in minivans
- straight families in minivans
- pretty much anyone in a prius (duh)
- senior citizens
- gangsta-looking youth
- average mom and pop
- soccer moms
We had a woman and her 5 year old daughter stop their car, get out and cheer with us. a straight woman and her daughter! (a woman who is very straight, very soccer mom, and her daughter spent 30 min drawing hearts on her sign)
I think in 3 hours and 20,000 cars, I saw 4 people give us a thumbs down/flip off. I'll take those odds anyday! Damn it felt good to pull this off.
I drove to the No on 8 office, and told them. They gave a huge round of applause, as they know normal rallies get 5-10 people. This had 175!!!!! They were shouting the good news to other field officers, around the Bay Area.
OMG - WE DID IT! I feel like I did a really good thing! I (practically) single-handedly organized a rally of 175 people! EFF YEAH!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
OMG OMG OMG OMG I DID IT!! I DID IT!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
That's freaking AWESOME!
you are awesome! new career - political activist! so proud of you!!
Carrie, that is so amazing! Thank you for standing up so bravely for what you believe in. I would love to be in CA right there working with you.
I'm so proud to know you!!! And that you are SSAP (sister separated at birth)!!!!!!!!!
YAY you!
That's wonderful. You guys are terrific!
You're amazing! Congratulations! Grass roots activism is where it's at.
Your rally sounds so so good.
Post a Comment