Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 3, 2008

Getting back into the swing of things

Made it through my grandma's funeral yesterday - I cried more than expected while giving my speech. It was a very sweet service, and we celebrated grandma's long life.

Since my sister and her family are in town, we met up this morning. Took the kids to "The Jungle" - a really cool spot for kids. My nephews love me, which is so sweet. They are only 2.5 and 4 years old, but they constantly shout out "Aunt Carrie! Aunt Carrie!" They wanted me to witness everything they were doing. Spent the whole day with them, and now I'm admittedly exhausted.

After spending the day with two tots, it reminds me how much work it is to have kids. Wow. I was exhausted only a few hours in! I better toughen up if I'm supposed to be a mom someday. :)

Last but not least, my surgery is being pushed out at least a week. I was supposed to have surgery in 4 days, on the 10th day of my cycle. Since my period still hasn't started, I'll need to wait another week or so. I've never had a late period, and it's already almost a week late! I wonder what's screwing up my cycle?

Ok now time to read all of your posts, and catch up!

6 comments:

N said...

Stress about the surgery? The exact same thing happened to me. I had my longest cycle EVER the cycle before my surgery, and was afraid that I would miss the surgery (it couldn't be pushed back b/c of me starting a new job). I ended up getting my period on Saturday night (my surgery was on the next Tuesday). So I was actually still bleeding at the time of the surgery, but my doctor wasn't concerned, as long as I had started.

Lizzie said...

I agree it could be stress about the surgery that is delaying your period. Also, don't discount grief. You've been through big loss and that could also affect your cycle. All my sympathy on the loss of your grandmother. So difficult. Lots of love.

j.k-c. said...

I cried a lot when I spoke at my grandmother's funeral...I was doing okay until I saw my grandfather sitting there and I lost it. I'm so sorry for your loss.

It is fun being an aunt and having those little ones love you so much.

I tell myself that the energy will be differnt with my own kids. I mean it will still be exhausting, but in a very different way.

And I agree, all the stress that you have been under recently can be the culprit of your late cycle.

Anonymous said...

dp has her shg next week...well, that's the plan she still has to double-check with cigna that the dang thing is covered!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're on the other side of the funeral. So hard.

Pufferfish said...

I've been following but not commenting much anywhere these days. Trying to be better now and have some time. It really seems like you have had a lot of curveballs thrown at you this past month. I'm so sorry.
Thinking of you and hope the surgery goes well.