Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 24, 2008

I've been a busy gay!

hey guys - I'm still here! I'll post more later....I've been working around the clock on No on Prop 8. I've been working with No on 8, our LGBT Center, and am organizing the biggest (South Bay) No on 8 rally ever! Im getting rally signs made/printed, contacting all the local UCC churches, Lyric, gay orgs, etc. It's easily been 20 manhours this week so far, alone.

So far, just through my Facebook event page: we have over 80 coming, and 200 maybes. Another 500 have been invited, and we're awaiting their response! it's also been posted at tons of gay/gay-friendly locations, so who knows how many will come from there. If any of you will be in the San Jose area this weekend, please let me know - I'll send you the deets.

YOU CAN NOW PHONE BANK FROM ANYWHERE! Screw those Utahns calling CA voters... now you can be the voice of fairness. Click on this link: http://www.noonprop8.com/action/phone-bank/sign-up-to-phone-bank
If you have a phone connected to broadband access, you can call undecided voters. (And moreso now, we are calling supporters of our cause, but just reminded them to vote NO...there have been lots of cases where voters have accidentally voted yes, thinking they were supporting us. oops)

Last but not least, I wantd to send this out. For all of you not in CA, there is a way you can help! please tell Apple how much you appreciate their stance on Prop 8. Details below:

Apple rocks our world today. they publicly came out against Prop 8, and make a donation: www.apple.com/startpage

I called their offices, and asked how we can say thank you.
1) Send a fax directly to Steve Jobs: 408-974-2483
2) Send a letter to PR at their corp address
I also found the emails of several key PR people there. please email all of them, and invite your friends to do the same!

Apple PR
Steve Dowling / dowling@apple.com
Susan Lundren (Apple Legal PR) / slundgren@apple.com
Katie (Global PR) / katiec@apple.com

Let them know how much we appreciate their work!


-Carrie

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I think it's great what you're doing! I emailed an individual thank you to each of the apple reps. My wife and I were married in CA on the 13th and have since returned to NY. We would love to help in any way we can! NO ON 8!!!!!