Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

8DPO - Over the Hump

Just 6 more days until we find out. I get my foot rub tonight! Even though I can g00gle symptoms now, I don't think I will. This TWW has been remarkably quiet. Just a few twings, and some wicked reflex/burping last night. Oh, and the mystery spotting. Otherwise, nothing. I haven't even had a headache since last Thursday, which is a miracle! I started acupuncture, so maybe it's helping.. :)

Now back to the spotting conundrum. I don't know what to think. My theories:
1. Regular old implantation spotting. It was red for a moment, and since yesterday afternoon it's just faint brown. Now, what contradicts this theory is that I've had NO temperature dips or spikes. I've been a constant 98.4. So...does this rule out implantation?
2. Ectopic. Hopefully it's not this. And if it isn't, I'll be irritated at my clinic for freaking me out for no reason.
3. Cervical irritation from the progesterone capsules. For those on progesterone, you know what I mean. The capsule partially disintegrates, and becomes gritty. It's very possible it's been irritating my lady parts, causing some bleeding. My money is on this option right now.
4. AF spotting. My period is supposed to start next Monday/Tuesday. I usually spot for 5-6 days beforehand. Last month, for the first time ever - I started light brown spotting while on progesterone. (The last 3 days I was on prog).

I just wanna know what it is! My guess is it's #3, my hope it it's #1. :) But can you have implantation without any change in BBT?

8 comments:

N said...

I don't know about an implantation without any BBT change at all, but I know that taking progesterone supplements screws up your BBT anyway, so it's not actually reliable while you're on them.

Jen said...

Not sure about the implanation b/c I have not had the pleasure of that YET, but I do know progesterone totally srcrews up your body. And, it caused my "spotting" to be brown as well...for what's it worth.

Anonymous said...

glad you're feeling a little better today.

i'm voting for #1!!

Anonymous said...

i thought it was cruel for your clinic to have an opinion at all when it obviously could have been any number of things. it was obviously someone who has had no problem getting pregnant or they would have known better. shame on them!

Pero-Luter said...

Sounds like it could very well be implantation bleeding. I think ectopic is too early to diagnose.

Michelle said...

My first tww with bfp, I had no symptoms except for hearburn at 7 and 8 dpo!!!!!!

Stacey said...

My temps were flat for a few days afterwards and then it went up, so give it some more time and here is hoping its #1. Keep us posted. x

Pufferfish said...

It could be the progesterone, but I seriously doubt it's ectopic as it's too early. I hate the not knowing and having a symptom.
Only 4 more days....fingers crossed for you.