Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blood Test - Negative

Well, I figured as much. I went in at 7:30am for the bloodwork. I called my RE at 2pm, to get the results. "Sorry the computers are down, we'll have to get back to you tomorrow."

WHAT!!!!

We called and called, and they kept saying the computers were down. We asked if they could contact the lab directly and ask for the results. their answer? "No the lab computers are down, too."

Becky finally took matters into her own hands. I think she knew I'd have a meltdown if I couldnt have my wine and sushi tonight. She called the lab directly, pretending to be me. She explained that we needed the results, and our RE was saying the computers were down. They casually responded, "Really? And the doctor didn't think they could call us for results. We have the results right here!" They agreed to fax them to my doc's office, who later called with the results.

You know, I'm disappointed that my doc's office didn't bother to call the lab. They would have let me sit and worry all night long. Shouldn't these people be more sensitive? Don't they know how long 24 hours is to a woman on the verge of finding out if she's pregnant?

I'm close to giving up my faith in healthcare. Anyway, now we wait for my period to start. I may go dark for a week on blogland....there was something very difficult about this BFN, something different. Something that's making it hard to blog and read blogs. A few days of space should put me back on track.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw, i am so sorry.

after all you've been though this cycle, having to end it with crappy care from your RE sucks.

take some time and be kind to yourself. (((hugs)))

Jen said...

I am so sorry. I am sending loads of hugs your way. Do what you need to do, and if you need to go dark, we will miss you, but I understand.

Anonymous said...

So sorry. Take care of yourself. Check in when you can.

Jill

word to your mother(s) said...

I'm so sorry. I sending some love your way.

cindyhoo2 said...

so sorry. Take good care of yourself. Lots of hugs, wine and sushi are definitely in order.

A said...

So sorry! {{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

I understand. Some negatives are much much worse than others.

Thinking about you.

Lizzie said...

I'm so sorry .... And I totally get the need to go dark on the blogs, as I've done it myself for weeks at a time ... big hugs.

Anonymous said...

So sorry, fuck.

Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie - Just checking in with you. Hope you are taking good care - thinking of you.

J