Just another manic Monday! (wohhhh ohhhhh)
Today was just a whirl. Like I said earlier, today is CD11. I NEVER have ripe follies by now, but we decided to do an earlier u/s since I upped my Femara dosage.
The day got a little crazy after my RE appt. Here's how the last 11 hours have been:
9:30am - RE appt. HUGE follie. She tells me to immediately find a drugstore and buy a digital OPK. Tells me to hold my urine until 1pm.
10:00am - I get a digital OPK ($45!), and hold my pee. I had to pee SO bad at 10am, and holding it was so stressful. I was counting each minute.
1pm: Pee on a stick. waiting for results in the bathroom - people outside waiting for me to leave, so they could use the restroom. (stressful) Smiley face on OPK!
1:10pm - Call RE, schedule IUI for 11:30am Tuesday. She tells me to trigger between 5-6pm. My Ovidrel is at home in the fridge!
1:15pm - call acupuncturist, to tell her I will be late for my 6pm appt.
4:45pm - I leave work early (ugh-it looks really bad to leave early where I work), and race home. Becky is supposed to leave at the same time, but she spends 20 min trying to find her phone. I get home 30 minutes before she does. She has to give me the shot, because I'm a wuss.
6:10pm - Becky finally gets home to give me Ovidrel. She literally walked in the door, got the syringe, stabbed me in the belly, and I ran out the door to acupuncture.
6:20pm - acupuncture. She works on my fertility. She also gives me some calming points. I am stressed out the ENTIRE time, thinking about work, TTC. I couldn't unwind at all, which bummed me out.
So tomorrow I go in for IUI#6. I'm trying not to worry that my follie is massive, which may mean unfertilizable. WTF - let's just do the stupid IUI and see what happens. I was hoping to have a better layup for this round - perfect sized follie, etc. But Mother Nature never seems to give us ideal conditions, does she? :)
Monday, January 12, 2009
CD11 - What a Day
Labels:
acupuncture,
CD11,
follie,
trigger shot,
ttc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
Wishing you luck, luck, luck :) We are about to have try # 6, too at the end of January :)
i don't think its possible for a follicle to be too big. sounds like your timing was perfect. hope the iui goes smoothly and the tww flies by. good luck!
I used to hear all the time about follies that were too big...but I have seen lots of pregnancies with follicles that my doctor would have cancelled the cycle over... so I have tons of faith that your follie is not too big, but just right!! I think too big follies are just an old straight wives tale!
I think the RE would have mentioned if they thought it was too big. Sounds like they thought it was ready and ripe! Good luck!
Good luck today!
Sometimes the craziest days are the ones that everything manages to work out in the end. I really hope you have good news at the end of this TWW!
I am wishing you HUGE luck to match your HUGE follicle!
What a crazy day you've had. Here is to a smooth like butta IUI and a quick, speedy, lightening fast TWW.. ha, like the second one will ever happen! lol. Good luck!
Better to be too big then not big enough. I have a good feeling about this one. GOOD LUCK TODAY!!
It sounds like everything aligned just right! Wishing you the best!
A.
Good luck to you!!! sounds like a jam packed day.
Post a Comment