Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 16, 2009

Everyone, meet my Mother...

Disappointing, but not surprising. For all of you who have equally sucky families, I'd like to introduce you to my mom. The same woman who cries "poor" and says how she can't afford her mortgage, and that they'll have to walk away from their home. (Bulls***)

This is a Google Maps Mashup of everyone who donated to Yes on 8. www eightmaps dotcom

This same woman, my mother, donated $500 to Yes on 8. She'd actually pay $500 to ensure her daughter is discriminated against, and that her daughter's family isn't recognized or protected. I am not surprised by her move, but it still hurts. If she wants to legally ensure my family isn't recognized, then she will have no place in our child's life.


24 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn. that is really, really, really, awful.

i'm off to check out that website (kinda scared of what i'll find. . .)

N said...

I'm so sorry. That really sucks. :(

Pero-Luter said...

I'm so sorry!

Jen said...

whoa. that is almost as low as a parent can get. I would be so mad & hurt. This is quite a week for sucky families, huh.

nutella said...

Wow, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how much that must hurt.

Anonymous said...

Jesus! WTF?? I am so sorry. My mom is one too... Jen's "T" jenandtiff

Pufferfish said...

F*ck Carrie! That is a really awful thing to find out. So sorry. Going to check that map myself now...

Anonymous said...

That's sick. She could have done something good with that money and decided to squander it on hate...
I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

that really sucks!

Anonymous said...

Oh Carrie.....I am so sorry. Even if it isn't surprising it is still incredibly hurtful.

Hugs to you,

Jill

Michelle said...

That sucks. That's a lot of discrimination $$.

Maybe she's just dumb and thought she was supporting you? ...too much to hope for, huh?

Heather said...

I'm heading over to check out that map!

Ugh, that is so awful!

V. Wetlaufer said...

that really sucks. :( I'm so sorry.

femalehusband.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's got to hurt. Nasty. And seeing it there on screen in black and white just makes it worse somehow. I'm sorry.

cindyhoo2 said...

OUCH! That just sucks. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

That is so awful, and it's totally understandable that you would feel how you do. What a betrayal. I am so sorry.

The Amily Diaries said...

Damn I am so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I am so, so sorry.

Mrs.X said...

Wowza. Of all of the things to do to slap you in the face, this is about as close to actually pulling out the hand and slapping away. The sheer rudeness, cruelty and utter inhumanity is breathtaking.

Anonymous said...

What. The. Hell.

I hate that someone who should love you unconditionally could suck that much.

So so sorry.

Stacey said...

wow! thats so terrible...

Robbie said...

I'm sorry babe. I had to look immediately to see if my relatives were on that map. They weren't. I'm a little surprised. How are you holding up now that the initial rage is fading?

welcome2ourworld said...

That is so sad. Fortunately we both have parents and family who support us 100%. I can't imagine how you must feel. Just know that there are sooo many people out there who love you :)

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is truly heinous. I am so sorry.