
2009 just rocked me again! As some of you know, I grew up Mormon, but fell inactive 15 years ago. Most inactives never leave the church - the Mormon Church is like David vs Goliath. They threaten you, scare you, and make it very difficult to leave.
Prop 8 was my final impetus to start that scary process. It's taken months and months, including a Bishop showing up at my door at night, unannounced, to scare me from leaving.
I didn't give in, I stuck to my guns - no matter how difficult it was.
Today I called up LDS Headquarters, Member Records Division. I am thrilled to report that they formally resigned my membership and removed my name from their rolls! It happened on 12/11 (Becky's bday), and they said my confirmation letter should arrive in a few days.
I AM SO HAPPY, YOU GUYS!!!!!!! I feel like I just conquered Goliath!!!!
Come on, y'all, sing this with me: "NA NA NA NA...NA NA NA NA... HEY HEY, GOODBYE!!!!!"
Friday, January 2, 2009
Holy Sh*t, It KEEPS GETTING BETTER!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Congratulations! You are FREE!
Congrats! You just reclaimed a bit of yourself they had no right keeping hold of for so long.
well done!! Religion really should know better than to try and bully you into submission. I am so glad you stuck to your guns!
I am SO GLAD this epic turned out the way you wanted...I cannot grasp the scary-ness of this situation.
Good on you for sticking to your guns. *HUGS*
Congratulations! Huge. Deal.
Jill
Yaaaay! Congrats!
Congratulations! It's a about damn time they let you go. Freedom!
Isn't that an awesome feeling! I remember the day my confirmation letter came in the mail squeeling!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats on being LDS no more!
Post a Comment