Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This is pretty much what happened today (pic)




See that boulder? That was my gigantic 27mm+ egg chasing little spermies! My RE did a u/s, and it looks like I ovulated yesterday evening. I'm hoping that the IUI being 15 hours past ovulation wasn't too late. The donor's count was good - 13mm motile swimmers. I held the vial and coaxed my swimmers. "Swim hard, little boys! If there are girls in there, be like Dara Torres! Find that egg and eat it!" Seriously, my egg is so huge those swimmers can't help but bump into it.

The IUI was very painful this time. Maybe because I'd ovulated yesterday, the cervix closed up? The RE let Becky push the spermies in, which was cool. Although I was literally in agony. Ripping bad cramps from the catheter, and it even hurt when the sperm went in. Becky, trying to be careful, pushed the syringe very slowly. They had some trouble getting all the boys out. I seriously wanted to pass out from the pain. I also had some bleeding around my cervix, prior to the catheter going on. What's that about?

My RE still isn't concerned about the humongo egg size, but I am. She thinks I should go on Femara on CD2! Ack. I think we will try one more round of Femara, then go to Femara+injectables. Twins - bring it on! Just get me out of the endless TWW land.

Speaking of....I can't believe I'm starting another TWW again! I can't believe I ovulated on CD11! Anyone else out there starting (or in) a TWW? I'll try to keep the faith, even though we have a few disadvantages with this cycle.

Aw man, I'll be on my TWW on my birthday! (1/23) Well, we decided if this one is a BFN, we're going to Napa for the weekend. :)

11 comments:

jessie said...

ok that picture is hilarous!!! come on BFP!

Anabelle said...

Ouchy.. you should feel and IUD going in... yowza

cindyhoo2 said...

Yikes! That sounds terrible. I am sorry you went through that. Wouldn't it be cool for the IUI that didn't seem normal to be the one that ends in a BFP?! I'll keep hoping for you. My partner also had spotting yesterday at her IUI which has continued into today. Ah, the joys of the 2ww.

Anonymous said...

that sounds like an awful iui, ouch. i've got my fingers crossed for you, sounds like the timing was good!

Jen said...

I wonder why the IUI was so painful...have you ever experienced that before? Did the doc seemed worried that you were in so much pain?

It sounds like your timing was nearly SPOT-ON so here's hoping for a BFP. Who needs a trip to Napa! :) Oh, and thanks for your comment...it sounds like we have a lot in common, esp in our unsupportive fam. Feel the love?!?!

R said...

BABYDUST TO YOU!!

welcome2ourworld said...

That is a GREAT picture :D Keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

Heather said...

No need for Napa, go to babys R us instead! lol... BFP BFP!!!

Holly said...

Love the photo! Good luck this cycle!
I didn't realize that the IUI is so painful but I had a "trial run" yesterday and ended up with some decent pain and bleeding too. ouch.
Hopefully, this is the last one you'll have to endure!
Sending baby dust to you during the 2ww.

The Amily Diaries said...

sorry about the painful experience but maybe all the new things happening means something else new will happen...fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

We are in it together again, girl! Sounds like timing was good and all that. Funny that we both had a lot of pain this time. Let's hope it means something good =). Keep me posted, I'll be thinking of you!
Jill