Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 2, 2009

Boy, am I sick

I've come down with the virus of all viruses. I'm home sick today, and plan on staying home tomorrow. Every cold symptom to the max. At first, I was nervous about doing an IUI this week, then realized maybe it's a good thing. perhaps I have those killer cells that prevent implantation, and now my low immune system will lower my killer cells. Who knows.

Today is day 4 of Men0pur, and we drop from 150iu to 75iu. My abdomen feels really swollen, and my ovaries have been aching. I joked with Becky, that my "ovaries feel like microwave popcorn!" *pop pop pop pop* Lots of kernels popping in there. :)

I'm trying to be optimistic with this cycle. Visualization, and I even downloaded a fertility meditation podcast. We're 90% decided on only doing 3 cycles with injections, before IVF.

I'm also still thinking about selective reduction. I don't know how I could end the life of my child, when their heart is beating. having said that, I also don't want to put my other children's lives at grave risk. I just don't know. I'm semi comfortable with SD if I had quads. Triplets is where I'm on the fence.

My CD7 u/s is tomorrow. We'll see how I responded to the meds. (I'm already getting EWCM, is that bad?) I started watching Baby Story again today. (I'd boycotted it after our 4th BFN). There was a scene where a woman is pushing, pushing...and then you hear her baby's first cry. I suddenly started sobbing.

I so much, and for so long, have wanted to hear OUR baby's first cry.

3 comments:

Carrie and MJ said...

We are at the same spot with selective reduction. If it were quads or more, we would do it, but trips is on the fence as well. As much as we try so hard to get pregnant, DP and I are willing to do SR if need be because it is not safe for mother or baby to have that many babies in uterus. I would rather be faced with SR than be faced with losing the whole pregnancy at say 20 weeks, or having my babies be born so prematurely that they have major disabilities. I agree that once the beating heart is seen, it would make it so difficult to do SR, but we would do it to have a safe pregnancy.

That being said, I am on my 8th round of injectibles with no pregnancy yet. We don't have any coverage for IVF, hence the crazy amount of tries.

Good luck with this cycle.

Anonymous said...

oohhh, i cant wait to hear about the u/s! hope there are several nice, plump follies in there!

dariasquirrel said...

oh god, baby story??? re-boycott. it's SO PAINFUL! i watched it off and on the first few months of trying- that was 10 months ago! QUIT THAT!!! :) unless you just need to clear those tear ducts out, anyway!