Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bah humbug.

I'm sidelined again.

I went in eager to see my ultrasound. My right ovary looks great - no leading follicle, but lots of little ones!
We panned over to my left ovary and BAM!!!! There's my GI-FUCKING-GANTIC cyst.

Everyone in the room just let out a sad sigh. There was my giant cyst. It was 4cm last month. After 4 weeks, it's only gone down 1cm. It's now 3cm. It's also turned into a giant blood clot. RE says this is a good thing, since last month it was all clear fluids, and leaking.

So that's it folks. She's putting me back on birth control for another month. At this rate, it's gonna take 2-3 more months for it to go away, or else I need surgery.

One thing is for sure. Prayer works. I know my Mormon mom and sister are praying daily that I won't be able to have a child, and bring my perversion into the world. Well it's working for them. :(

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dammit! So so sorry that you're sidelined.

On a side note, it must be horrible to have family members who openly wish you ill in this process and would try to intercess with The Man. (Not that a loving G.d would 'listen' to hate, but I'm sure it feels that way sometimes.)

Thinking of you and hoping that the resolution is shorter than 3-4 months.

Jen said...

Damnit.All.To.Hell.

Right now, I am hating your mom and sister for letting those thoughts enter your head! Isn't ttc hard enough, without having to deal with family shit. I hope that this ONE month resolves your issue and you can continue on next month. I am so, very sorry.

Pero-Luter said...

We are so sorry to hear your news. I too have a religious sister and while not as verbal as your family, it is a similar situation.

Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Carrie, I'm so sorry. It must be so frustrating.

If it helps at all, there are countless numbers of us praying that this will happen for you.

Anonymous said...

I honestly can't imagine the level of frustration and devastation you felt to see that stupid cyst rearing its ugly head again. I would have burst into tears on the spot.

Your mother and your sister are ignorant and disgusting. Religion is so easily perverted to excuse hatred and bigotry. If I prayed, I'd be praying for you. But, since I don't, I'll just send you some virtual hugs and wish minor physical harm on your evil family members. Perhaps a really painful splinter under a fingernail or bleeding gums... something like that.

Anonymous said...

damn. im sorry.

and i echo the pp, there are many of us out here praying it DOES happen for you!

Melissa said...

Oh no!I hate visits like that to the RE. It never feels like you can catch a break :( I agree with everyone else. I think our collective good thoughts for you will far outweigh the ugly ones. Silver lining is you can go back to not having as many migraines (lame I know).

Grade A said...

Ugh-First I was horrified by your cyst story and then doubly horrified by your mom and sister. I hope you have a good friend support network. You sure have it in the blogosphere.

B. said...

I think we who are hoping and praying for your success and happiness far outnumber the other side. It's good that the cyst is smaller. I'll focus on that for now, and continue hoping the very best for you!

cindyhoo2 said...

Yep, that cyst just sucks! I am so sorry for all that you are going through right now. My only words of advice would be to enjoy the lack of migraines and have a few big fat cocktails. :)

On the other side: More of us are praying for you to succeed than for you not to succeed. If God works like American Idol, you are gonna be just fine.

((Hugs))

Keri said...

I'm sorry about your news. But just to counter your mom & sister, I'll be praying for GOOD news.

:)

The Amily Diaries said...

for every prayer they may be saying we will all we saying two prayers in your favor. Hang in there, maybe the BC will be all you need to make the cyst shrink.

dariasquirrel said...

sending lots of positive energy thru cyber space to help counteract the bad juju from your family. i think we all have them beat on the positive energy outweighing their negative!!! i'm sorry you don't have their support on this journey. but, you know that you're meant to be mamas and that is what truly matters. finding your own happiness. very sucky news about your cyst. i sure hope you can find some peaceful space inside of yourself and enjoy spring with a little getaway and some fancy cocktails- before you know it you'll be back in the ttc game. sending lots of healthy healing thoughts your way...