Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 27, 2009

FAA needs a time out

Did you hear about this? The FAA wanted to do some fancy Air Force One photo shoot - right above Manhattan. Their plan was NOT to tell the Mayor OR the citizens of NY.

Are they OUT OF THEIR MINDS?!?!?! This is absolutely horrible, cruel, stupid, and irresponsible. Imagine how traumatized these people were today, running from their buildings, evacuations, being just as terrified as they were on 9/11. Imagine looking up, seeing Air Force One being tracked by two fighter planes, circling next to skyscrapers.

SHAME on the FAA. And although I believe Obama DIDNT know about this, I even have to say shame on him for not being more abreast of these activities. This was a catastrophically bad move on so many levels.

Here is a link to watch the news clip:
Watch it Here.

Just a warning, the video ad before it starts it for a pregnancy test. :-S

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, I was absolutely shocked to read that in the news. I had friends in NYC who evacuated their offices...they were terrified.

Leave it to the government to terrify its own citizens unnecessarily.

HM said...

Love your blog, but that's actually wrong - they *did* notify the Mayor, the police and fire departments of both NYC and NJ nearby, and various other officials. The problem was that the police/mayor of NYC didn't do *anything* to get the word out.

Jen said...

I agree. I was shocked yesterday when I heard and it sent me back to 9-11....the video of the people running from buildings is what got me! Someone lost their job over that decision! (or at elast they should....)

A said...

I heard about it on the news this morning. Crazy! What were they thinking??? Oh, wait...they weren't thinking.

Pufferfish said...

As someone who worked on Wall St and evacuated on 9-11, I am sooo glad I was not downtown yesterday. I heard about this yesterday and thought "what stupidity thought this was a good idea?"
Idiots.