My posts have been depressing lately. Time for something positive!
We had a very nice experience today. It was our goddaughter's baptism. It was an at-home baptism, which made it very intimate and nice. One of these days I have to post a picture of my goddaughter - she is really the cutest little baby. B and I gave a speech at the baptism, and I could BARELY get through it without crying. Here, I speak in front of 30 people all the time for my job, and I was barely able to mumble the words at the baptism. Let's just say I was overcome with emotion. :)
But not the "Aww, why don't I have a kid" emotion. That's really the nicest part about this. Despite how painful it is to hear baby announcements, get registries, and hear about other people's kids....my goddaughter is the exception. It's like she has immunity from making me sad. In fact, when I see her, everything feels right again. I can't get enough of the kid, and seeing her is sometimes the ONLY thing that keeps me inspired/motivated to keep trying.
At the baptism today, I had an a-ha moment. I realized how lucky we are to be a part of her extended family. We're close with her moms and her older brother. They feel more like family to us than our own family. Selfishly, a nice byproduct of being her godmother is that it connects us forever to this family. (And her mommies constantly talk me down from the ledge when I have a bad TTC day) :)
So for today - a nice post. I'm so happy to have this little baby girl (and her family) in my life. She feels like an extension of a daughter to me. I can't wait until she gets old enough for piggy back rides, the choo choo train at the park, and for little kid soccer games. Seriously, have you seen how cute those little shinguards are?
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Something nice
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Sounds like a great day!
I am SO VERY glad you have a great day! You deserve it since you have been through so much. It sounds like a great experience and friends are family we choose, and it sounds like you have a great family around you.
Sounds like it was a great day. It also sounds like you have some wonderful people in your life.
Post a Comment