I took today and tomorrow off work, for staycation. :)
Thanks to everyone for the outpouring of support. Ive been reading your comments, and looking up any recommendations you made. The first thing I did was order "The Kid" - since so many of you recommended it!
I am STILL waiting to get my surgery date for next week. The clinic I'm getting the surgery at is so absolutey incompetent, from a customer service perspective. Doctors good, staff horrible. I saw the doctor at 9am this Monday, and she said i need surgery asap. She said their surgery scheduler would call my insurance asap, and it takes 1-2 days for them to respond (with where I can have the surgery done).
I was told I'd get a call within 2 days with the insurance stuff, and my surgery date.
Monday passed, Tuesday passed, Wednesday.... No word. I called them Wednesday afternoon. Here is how it went down.
"Hi, I need to speak with celeste, the surgery scheduler. She's supposed to give me my surgery date for next week."
"Oh, Celeste is on vacation today."
"WTF. Well can someone else help me, this is urgent."
"Sorry, no. She's the only person who does surgery scheduling. I think she is back tomorrow, want her voicemail?"
So I left her a vm, then B called them and nicely bitched them out. A clinical coordinator stepped in and tried to help. She said Celeste hadn't even STARTED the process of contacting my insurance, or scheduling anything. She also hadn't asked anyone to cover for her, while on vacation.
i fucking hate this clinic. This is why we left them back on Nov 2008. I trust their doctor with this surgery, but I hate everything else about them. This always happens.
Well Celeste is back from vacation today. Still no word, and she gets in at 6:45am. I just called and left her another voicemail. She is such a bitch - why can't she call me back. Now I'm concerned that I won't be able to schedule surgery for next week, when i REALLY NEED IT. im in constant pain.
The clinical coordinator offered May 6th as the surgery date yesterday. Two weeks from now, for emergency surgery? Are you fucking out of your MIND? I said no.
This bitch Celeste better call me back asap. I have to start getting coverage for work!
NEVER EVER use Fertility Physicians of Northern California, people. I'm serious.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Staycation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Holy crap. WTF is right. What part of emergency do they not understand! I hope you hear back from her, but that is ridiculous and should maybe warrent a formal complaint. (Just sent you an email, but saw that you posted so you are hearing from me twice.)
Ugh, how utterly wretched. That's ridiculous.
I must agree. EMERGENCY = now, not 2 weeks away. I am thinking you need to talk to the person in charge again.
You are having an utterly sucktastic week.
That's ridiculous! Hopefully stupid Celeste got a wretched sun burn on her vacation.
I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hate the medical processes of this country.
The adoption agency the couple I mentioned yesterday used is: Independent Adoption Agency - http://adoptionhelp.org Hope they can be of assistance to you.
Post a Comment