I went to the bathroom just now, and noticed several spots of brown in my undies. I'm pretty sure I saw a little bit of brown tissue in the toilet, too. Amazingly, I feel pretty calm. (Normally I freak out)
I've read hundreds of stories of women with brown spotting, who were just fine. I heard it's more red spotting with bad cramping, that can be serious. I do have some light cramping, and I had some yesterday after lifting some borderline heavy items. (I know, never again).
I emailed my doctor, but they usually don't get back to me for 1-2 days. We'll see if he thinks I should come in. My next u/s isn't until 9/11, right now.
Anyone else experience brown spotting around 7 weeks, and ended up being fine?
Monday, August 31, 2009
Spotting. Boo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
I didn't have spotting, but I had terrible cramps that were very scary at times. In fact, I still get cramping (Im 6 months)... so I know that cramping can be normal :)
I had massive cramping at the beginning. And then again later. (And then later, it just turns to pains. Mmm, growing and stretching muscles.) I also had spotting. And I did panic. I couldn't help it. But it was absolutely fine. I think you'll be fine, too - ESPECIALLY since it's just brown.
I spotted red/brown from 4 to six weeks and then bled (and I mean BLED) between 6 and 7. I'm 13 weeks. Babe looked great on Thursday and no spotting since the big bleed.
Hang in there. I'm on lovenox too and the doc said it could increase spotting.
Just popping in with hope that all is well. Your sense of calm right now is GREAT, by the way. As it should be. Because all is well. Thinking about you.
I didn't spot, but it is very common so don't fret too much. You may be called to come in and an u/s, but it may be a chance to see the babes again. Hold on tight and quit lifting stuff...you are preggers, so get someone else (this advise was told to me MANY times!).
yes spotted for weeks, and look how healthy ava is. She is 8 months now! X
Yep, I had brown spotting off and on for a couple of weeks starting around week 5 and into week 7. I also had all kinds of cramping sensations throughout weeks 4-8. Brown blood is almost always fine because it's old blood. It can mean that your cervix is a little raw and got bumped, or it can mean leftover implantation blood, or any number of things. I'm 39 weeks this week, so obviously the brown spotting didn't mean anything. You'll likely hear from your doc that some spotting is pretty common. I can't remember if you're going to get to see your OB anytime soon, but you may want to call now that you're spotting (they usually WANT you to call in these cases); they'll usually get you in a bit sooner, and you'll have a couple of ultrasounds to make sure everything is okay. I know I found that incredibly reassuring. xoxo
I spotted several times throughout the pregnancy, 13 DPO, again at about 8 or 9 weeks and the last time being around 5 months which really scared me. It happened on the 4th of July right after I had been straining on the toilet (yay, pregnancy constipation!). Sorry for the TMI, just wanted to reassure you...and warn you against straining...just eat dried prunes and apricots everyday. It seriously helps!
My gf had spotting the whole first trimester, and, as you can see, our son is perfect in every which way!!!
I spotted from 10dpo up until I was 9 weeks pregnant. I had bright red blood, I thought I was getting my period. I am now 25 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. Brown is normally fine. It is just old blood working its way out. Keep us posted!
I'm late for your amazing news (the ticker gave it away though)....congrats carrie!!! i am Soooo happy for you. i have heard of spotting AND cramping....and everything being perfectly normal.
i'm crossing everything that this is a very standard twin pregnancy - all the way to the delivery room!!!!
xoxo
I have read lots of stores of spotting turning into beautiful babies!! Stress not!
Hi! Don't stress I think its normal when its brown. As for the questions you asked on my blog: 1) If you can breastfeed, DO IT, its way better than pumping! I don't know anything about formula feeding so I can't help in that dept. Either way you don't sleep and its much easier to sit up and latch them on then it is to GET UP and go to the kitchen and make TWO bottles while they wait and CRY. Either way it will be tough the first 3 months but totally doable. As for the NICU it all depends on how preemie they are. My boys were too small to breastfeed so I had to pump and bottle feed them the breastmilk. Once we got home I worked at it and am now exclusively bfeeding the big guy and half pumping half bfeeding the little guy (cause he still gets meds in his bottle). It does feel like I am feeding or pumping ALL DAY but its probably because I AM. lol its what babies do! EAT, POOP, and sometimes sleep. Hope this helps. I also blogged about it here: http://twomomstwomonkeys.blogspot.com/2009/07/to-breastfeed-or-not-to-breastfeed.html
Have fun!
I had spotting around 10w, and it lasted about a week. Turned out to be absolutely nothing, and we're in week 24 now. :)
I don't know if I've said it yet, but Congratulations!!!!!
Post a Comment