We interviewed an OB today at a practice that is HIGHLY regarded. All docs there are great. We fell in love and cancelled our other interviews. She is completely comfortable with our relationship, seems to have good bedside manners, and is able to give me a little tough love when I need it. Knowing how I freak out all the time, I actually need someone to NOT indulge me, and remind me that things are just fine.
Here's the plan. Next Friday 9/11 we have our last u/s with the IVF doc. Then we have our first OB appt on 9/29. Because I'm having twins, I'll be getting monthly growth ultrasounds. Yay! She said half of all twin pregnancies deliver before 34 weeks, but that we'll take it one day at a time. I hope we make it to 34 weeks, and all the way to 38 weeks!
Now on the symptom side, I've realized what's going on. I'm almost symptom free. Lucky me right? Not really. I think the intensity of ALL of the symptoms I DON'T have has been rolled into utter bone-draining fatigue. I literally can't get a single, simple task done at work after 2pm. It was so bad today that I wanted to cry, the fatigue literally hurt that bad. My job is very intense and stressful, and I have to operate at 200% all day. I really don't know how I'll sustain this.
B convinced me to go for a 30 min walk after work, despite me just wanting to cry and crawl into a sleeping hole. I'm glad she did. It's only my second workout, if you can call it that, in 3 months. I need to be moving around to keep the blood flowing, esp with my clotting issues. That, and she treated me to a green tea gelato halfway through our walk. :) Score!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Found our OB!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
so glad you found a caregiver you can believe in- that has made such a huge difference for me in my own pregnancy! congrats! fatigue, whew, it's a big one in the first trimester- at least it was for me as well. it really let up when i started my second trimester, though- and i sort of reinflated and could get thru the day without napping or being a total space cadet after lunch. (now i'm sorta back there again at 30 weeks!) nice that you got a walk in, and who doesn't love a green tea gelato??? YUM!
I'm a new reader and wanted to offer my congrats to you both on your twins. And yay on finding a fabulous doctor, it makes all the difference. I had difficult pregnancies with both my kids and having a great team of docs made all the difference. And hang in there, you will get some energy back once you hit the glorious second trimester!
Hey there! Happy for you that you love your new OB, I loved mine and it really helps in those decision-making moments. I also had a really stressful job, if I could go back in time I would have stopped working alot sooner than I did. Something to think about. ;)
Having a great OB makes all the difference. Will you be seeing a perinatologist or specialist as well? We see both, so have appts every two weeks (+/-).
Since you do have a very high stress job, did your OB mention when she would like you to stop working? I hear 28 weeks is pretty normal.
Keep walking! It must be so hard when you just want to lay down, but I'm glad you enjoyed it and it made you feel better.
Congrats on finding a doc you like! xoxoxo
Yay for a doc! That is such a big battle that I am glad you found one early enough....and for the fatigue, it is normal and it will ease into your 2nd trimester...I actually fell asleep one day at work b/c I couldn't keep my eyes open. But, now I am moving around, cleaning my office space and totally nesting here and at home. It will be better chicky. Just be glad you are not puking!
I am so happy that you found an OB that you like. Very reassuring!
Walking is going to be your best friend, and when you're pregnant, walking IS a workout. Any type of movement throughout the day becomes your workout. Don't expect to live up to your old standards. Instead, keep yourself moving as much as possible and however possible. You'll be amazed at how this helps your energy level too.
things are really moving now! congrats!
Yay for great care providers. Boo for extreme fatigue. Glad you're finding some things that work and I'm sure your adaptions (at work and life in general) will help as you get further along.
hahaha! I just came across your blog via rajencreation and had to comment on the name... as mine, too, is inspired by Elizabeth Gilbert :) Enjoy your journey to motherhood
http://musingsofamonkeymind.blogspot.com/
It's such a relief to find a caregiver that you feel comfortable with! I'm so glad it happened quickly for you. I have no doubt you'll be getting great care throughout the pregnancy - and I can't wait to see those monthly u/s!
Post a Comment