I left her a mesg last night, asking for her thoughts on the scan photo. (I don't think she'd seen it yet). I dunno, the back of the baby's head looks huge, like there is a huge mass of fluid and bone or something. It doesn't match up to other 11w scans I found on g00gle. We're a bit worried about what this means, and it could mean nothing.
Trying to schedule our nuchal scan for next Friday, which is the earliest my blood results will be in. This is going to be the longest 10 days of my life. PS - if ANYONE has 11week scans that look similar to mine below, please let me know. Maybe I can even convince you to email them to me. LOL. Anything for peace of mind, eh.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Waiting for OB to call
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and hoping everything is fine! You have one beautiful little baby there!
I have no experience/expertise reading scan pics, but could that be your placenta that the baby is lying on? Sorry you have to wait so long for results. Hang in there!
I don't think our pics at 11 weeks were even that good but I'll check... I do remember them having crazy looking heads, although I never paid attention to the neck part. Hope you get good news from your scan.
Looking at your last post, fwiw, they ALWAYS asked if we were having a nuchal. I think it's b/c, if not, they would've looked deeper for any problems.
Though the pics I've got are from a week and change later, you can see the blobbish area with the big white mark - I actually wonder somewhat if it's the placenta, hiding in the background or something? I didn't think to ask about it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/darthrami/trying/12w4dprofile2.jpg here's one
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v228/darthrami/trying/?action=view¤t=12w4dprofile3.jpg and here's the other.
Ignore that you can see under the head - between 11 and 13 weeks, they grow a neck. heh.
Our 11w1d scan is not so helpful, as they could only get a frontal view - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/darthrami/trying/11w2dnoinfo.jpg .
I know that that's probably not all that reassuring to you, but I really truly believe that it's the same thing in both pictures, and that everything's okay. I hope your doc agrees with me.
It must be a nerve-wrecking experience every step along the way. I wouldn't read too much into the scan since the resolution is not that great and there is a lot of stuff in there not quite oriented the same way in the real world. I agree that early scans are not that informative!
Here is ours at 11weeks 6 days. The head is a little wonky in the back too and everything with our's is fine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amyandmelissa/3777812837/in/set-72157621470527749/
I don't have any kids so I have nothing to compare it to. Hopefully everything will be fine, keep us posted!! ~Susan
Post a Comment