Granted, I don't have a singleton pregnancy to compare to, but my OB said usually with twins you feel symptoms 2x as intense. I believe her. Words cannot explain how this fatigue feels. It hurts to the core, to the bone. My hair hurts. I barely have the energy to type this sentence.
I've been talking to some pregnant friends at work. They all say to wait until 14 weeks to tell my boss, and to wait until all the testing is done. It's not bad advice, but I'm realizing for me, it's not practical either. My belly is already starting to show at 7.5 weeks. I read that twin pregnancies experience the most rapid weight gain in the first and third trimesters, as opposed to singleton. I also read that twin bellies show about 6-8 weeks ahead of singleton bellies.
I can't fight this belly that's wanting to stick out, so I feel LUCKY if I can make it to 12 weeks without giving it away. I know it's risky to make announcements before testing is done, and before I'm in my 2nd trimester, but I may not have a choice. The best I can do is not stress about it. I should be WANTING my belly to stick out, not keep trying to eat less so it stays flatter, eh? The belly does not keep secrets. :)
PS I bought a Twin pregnancy book today. It pretty much painted a doom and gloom picture about twin pregnancy, all the health issues, all the risks, how expensive it is, and how I'll want to kill myself during the first 6 months. Nice book!
Friday, September 4, 2009
Twin exhaustion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I hear you on the exhaustion! It is crazy how many hours I would sleep during those first few weeks. IAs for letting your boss know, just take it one day at a time. I had to say something sooner than I would have liked because I was so sick, but it wasn't a big deal. Absolutely don't limit your food intake! Those babies need lots of food to grow! and lastely, don't let those books scare you! Twins are alot of work but its not impossible, not every twin pregnancy has complications, and there truly is nothing like two babies smiling at you at 3am when you look a mess!
Sorry you're feeling such awful fatigue. I hope you can find some more positive books about twin pregnancies!
It's not the end of the world if you can't wait. I told mine around 6 weeks, after my first scan, mostly because of the miscarriage last time, and how hard it had been to have to come in and say "uh, so you didn't know I was pregnant, but I was, and I'm not anymore."
But whatever your reason is fine - I've found that bosses who will react well will do so at any point, and those who won't... won't.
Sounds like a lovely book :P jeez!!!!
hope you get some much needed energy soon!!!
xo
have been a follower for a while- but the first time commenting. My partner and I have b/g twins that are almost two. They were our first - and I think it was good that I had no other pregnancy to compare it to. Having two presents challenges - but do not let all the scary books and folks out there let you believe that it can not be done. The universe gives us what we can handle - and it's hard work, but totally worth it!
So rest now, eat lots - and enjoy the time between you and your partner now. Life is about to change! Congrats
Hi! In response to your question on my blog, I love love love our double stroller (its red and its by Contours). We got it as a gift for our baby shower and the seats come off, and you can put both car seats on which makes for an easy transition from car to stroller without waking them up (you have to buy the extra car seat attachment for $29-it only comes with one). It is super easy to push even though its long. The only thing is that its massive! We have an SUV and it takes up most of our cargo space but I love it. When the boys get bigger we can put the seats back on and use it without the car seats. I like that it has stadium seating so the kid in back doesn't get a blocked view and you can also have them both face you, both face out, or face eachother.**Another must-have is the double nursing pillow from double blessings. I got mine from ebay and I love it. Super easy to nurse both at the same time, but even if you bottlefeed you can put both babies on it, they can have eye contact with you and eachother, and they don't roll off. AND its big enough to accomodate them for up to 2.5 years! Not that I plan to nurse that long, but you get the idea! Hope this helps!
isn't it a great delimea to have though? :] whenever you decide to tell the boss I am sure it will all be okay. enjoy your expanding baby and eating for three!
Post a Comment