Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 12, 2009

13 Weeks. Told my boss today.

Only one week left until the second trimester! My boss is gone this week, so I emailed him the update. He (and my other boss) were very supportive, and said if I need anything to let them know. My boss had a hunch I was preggo (or trying), since I'd been avoiding drinking events, and skipped the whitewater rafting offsite. It's good to know they are supportive.

I told told a coworker of mine who suffered a m/c last year. I wanted to tell her personally, before I tell the team. I'll tell my team on Wednesday.

I'll be relieved and a bit on edge, once everyone knows. Relieved that I can stop wearing baggy clothes, and making excuses for my doc appts. On edge, because once you tell people - if something happens, you have to tell them all what's up. My belly is starting to really show now, so I just couldn't hide it any longer.

Speaking of my expanding belly, we got some maternity clothes this weekend. Few pairs of pants, jeans, and a few tops. I was barely squeezing into the largest size pants they make! Maybe I need to look for plus-sized maternity clothes. I miss being a size 12.

And true to form, I continue to be a complete spaz. :) It's been three days since our scan, and I'm already back to "Is it still alive? I need reassurance!" I have the angel and devil of pregnancy on my shoulders. The devil is saying, "Something's wrong, it's not alive, and now you just told your coworkers." The angel is saying, "YOu just saw your baby 3 days ago, you're fine!"
I ordered a Hi-Bebe doppler on eb@y, which should arrive later this week. I hope I can find the hb with it, I know they can be tricky.

Oh, for any of you who are friends with me on FB - please do not post any "congrats" just yet. I'm telling some coworkers, but we will probably wait another 5 weeks to make a public (aka FB) announcement. Then it's open season. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

C, congrats on starting to "come out" at work....it's a big deal, and will be a much-needed relief for you. It's great that your supervisors are so supportive.

Keep thinking about that strong heartbeat you saw on Friday....your little one is chugging along in there!

Heather said...

Awesome that you are starting to let everyone know about your little package growing inside of you. How cool! When you get that doppler it is going to make such a difference, It did for us! Stay positive =)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you're letting yourself come out and buy clothes. That devil/angel thing won't got away entirely, but... before you know it, the evidence of your little one's thrivingness will begin to outweigh the worries, or at least give them a good run for their money.

Thinking good things for you as you celebrate some big hurdles...

N said...

I've yet to find a way for the u/s reassurance to last more than a few days. oof.

I hope the doppler helps you. It's certainly helped us.


(You should find me on FB! :D)

K J and the kids said...

I just happened upon your blog and have caught up on your TTC journey and this pregnancy. WOW !

I'm so glad that you ordered the doppler. I had one and I'm telling you, I used it. I was a spaz too and always thought the worst.

I can't wait to see this little person in the trucker hat ! :)