Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pins and Needles

Five more days until our nuchal screen. I literally want to crawl into a hole and not come out until Friday. I want to know the baby is ok, despite the funky ultrasound pic. More importantly, I want to know the baby is alive. The fact that my NK cells jumped to 24% (considered a toxic level for a fetus), and that I went at least a week with that level (before intralipid treatment), makes me worried. That level could shut off a fetus within a matter of days.

I'm sick with worry. And I'm effing sick of having to worry - I just want a normal body and things to go relatively smoothy! So jealous of women who can relax in pregnancy and be excited. I feel like I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I think I'll feel better if things go well on Friday. It's definitely a watershed moment for this pregnancy.

Sigh. Can someone knock me unconscious until Friday, please. I'm paralyzed with anxiousness.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Five days must feel like an eternity right now, but I know you'll make it through them just as you've made it through all of this so far! Sorry you can't be unconscious for the wait, but maybe daily meditation? Let us know as soon as you find out!

Two Moms, Two Monkeys said...

I know the feeling of wanting to hibernate til you get to the next milestone...I felt that way my entire pregnancy! Hang in there...you will make it through this.

Lizzie said...

Big hugs.

Jen said...

I can't imagine waiting for the news that awaits you and any normal person would go mad. Too bad you can't pop a few zanex and wake up days later. Hang in there and continue to hope. Many hugs.

Anonymous said...

Sending you positive vibes and thoughts. xoxo

Pufferfish said...

Waiting for our NT scan prompted a lot of anxiety for me as well. Chicken on the other hand was cool as a chicken. I hope Becky is balancing you out. Hang in there, take it one day at a time.
I agree, a little meditation every night would be a good thing for you.

CJ said...

I would guess being unconscious for the next few days would NOT be good for the baby, or for you! Hang in there, four days left to go!

Mina said...

I really hope that somehow time will fly for you! {{{Hugs}}}

mama bea, bao in the oven said...

Fingers crossed for you. Good luck with the waiting. I was so glad to hear that the other test came back negative!