Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 2, 2009

A little good news, finally!

So here I am, in my constant worried state. (I am a natural spaz, I'll own that). :)

Current worries:
1. Want to know that the baby is ok, despite the weird-ass scan photo they took last week. Have to wait till next Friday to get the nuchal screening.
2. Turns out my NK cell count JUMPED from 17 to 24, which apparently isn't good. I may not be responding well to intralipid treatment. This NK count could definitely be chiseling away at the baby. I've had this count for at least a week now, so am praying it hasn't caused any demise. I just finished my intralipid treatment today, so I hope it's having some positive effect.

Now for the GOOD news!
I had my antiphospholipid antibodies retested. This is regarding another serious clotting disorder. Last time they were positive. THIS TIME THEY ALL CAME BACK NEGATIVE!!!! I heard these can come and go, but knowing they are GONE right now is a huge relief. These cause some serious thrash on your baby and placenta, not to mention one's overall risk of heart attack and stroke.

I'll keep my faith believing that the baby is OK. Will know more next Friday. For now, this is GREAT news and I'm smiling hard. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news! :)

Mina said...

I'm happy to hear that!

Two Moms, Two Monkeys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Two Moms, Two Monkeys said...

aww so happy to hear some good news!!! Keep it coming!

Anonymous said...

Such great news! Enjoy your weekend!

N said...

Thank goodness for some GOOD news. :D

Anonymous said...

Yay for some good news coming your way. It must be hellish going through a pregnancy with all this extra worry, so a little less to worry about sounds GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Yes, good news indeed! Glad that you're looking up.

I would say try not to worry about the others, but that's who you are, and worrying about worrying won't help a thing.

Whenever the worries get you down, though, you've got your new exciting negative (which is actually a positive) to think about. Yay!

boo said...

great news! and as for the rest of it, i hope friday comes really quickly.

- justine (i can't sign boo out for some reason!)