My OB's nurse called me back this morning to ask me more questions. She spoke with my OB. Normally my OB drives me crazy with her tough love of "Oh stop being paranoid, this is totally normal, you're fine!" speeches. (I know, I need those speeches now and then!)
This time, she is more concerned. Great. She wants to keep a close eye on these, and for me to call if they get worse, or accompanied by bleeding. They don't know what it causing these pains, she doesn't think it's ligament pain. Only when I asked, did they say it COULD be some normal part of pregnancy, but they are on the fence.
So who knows. Maybe it's my body trying to expel baby b, or maybe baby a is fading out. We won't know for 2 days and 5 hours. (Clearly, I'm still not counting) :)
I sure hope you guys are right, that it's ligament pain. I went through about 50 ligament pain sites, though, and couldn't find anything that matched up. The two big differences: I get these sitting down, not moving. Ligament pain is usually from movement. Also, all the stories I read about ligament pain sound very painful, sometimes excruciating. My pains are like tiny electrocutions - not double-over pain, or even as bad as period cramps. They are very sharp, but maybe a 3 or 4 in 10 on a scale of pain. I don't lose my breath or stop in my tracks. has anyone had cramps like that? Just little zings down the side of your belly?
2 days, 4 hours, 58 minutes.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Update from OB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
My round ligament pain showed itself as jolts of sharp pain in my vagina... happened if I was standing, sitting, laying, walking, etc. I could never find anything about it online. It's different for everyone. Just think positive. Your baby is growing and needs more space! S/he has to stretch things out a little in there :)
Mine never matched, either. And are almost exactly what you're describing. Quick, painful zings. Not excruciating. (the only excruciating pain I've had in this pg was the one day with my hip when I almost passed out, and uh, today, when. well. you can see my post.)
I never got them while moving. Almost always while sitting (at work, usually). It's possible my midwives were wrong, but they told me that everybody feels them differently, and from my description, it was RLP.
Hoping that's all it is for you, and your doc is just being cautious.
I'm sorry you're having to deal with the anxiety of waiting until Friday. I'm sure everything is just fine, but it's understandable that you just want confirmation that everything is ok. I hope these next couple of days somehow fly by for you!
Hello. I hope Friday is here before you know it! At about 13 1/2 to 14 weeks I had a couple of episodes of "zinger" like pain that had me somewhat concerned. It happened at night while lying in bed and also the next morning while lying in bed. It seemed to me that they shot a few inches and was located right where I picture the cervix, right in the center. When I discussed this with my OB the following week she suggested it may be bladder spasms. It kind of made since-its based on the uterus growing and squeezing/pressing everything in its way. I can't say I was totally convinced but the good news it hasn't happened again and so far no complications. I hope this can somehow be of help to you.
C.
Keep my fingers crossed! Hope all is well! Looking forward to the good news on Friday.
I got jolt/zaps all the time early on, it is actually one way I know I am still pregnant while pregnant because with all my losses I never had them much. Things are stretching and moving i there even if it isn't from the baby's size. I know how hard the wait is, I hope it flies by for you.
I just wish it were Friday already! You are so strong... and will make an amazing mommy, I'm praying everyday that your baby is thriving.
Post a Comment