Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Got my seasonal flu shot!

Got in line at 9am today, was the first to get it - at the LAST place in a 30 mile radius who carried them. They had 40 left this morning, and said 100+ people get getting in line each day. So by now, they are probably permanently out. Lucky I happened to think about all this last night!

Also, tell me if you think this is shady. My company recently changed it's maternity leave policy. Now, if your doc puts you on disability for a few weeks/months before you're due, my company counts that as maternity leave. So some women who unfortunately were put on bedrest, are coming back to work 2 months after their baby is born. (Our policy is 4 months maternity here, which is nice, but not so much if it counts early!)

Now Im scared about missing any work before baby is due! I'll have to hope I can work up until my water breaks...and I hope it breaks all over their new carpeting. :)

5 comments:

N said...

Not shady, but pretty darn crappy. Most places I know actually count it against your leave. I'm really really thankful that my current place doesn't - if I get taken out early, that's short term disability, and then maternity leave (which is also covered by short term disability, with the remainder made up by the company) is 3 months, regardless. (They also offer this to fathers, and to adoptive parents. I'm very lucky.)

GIsen said...

Those bastards! Obviously if your doc has medical PROOF that you need leave before who are they to treat you like a liar?

Baby Mama, Too said...

What a total load of crap! There has to be a way around that, of course it may not be paid.

Anonymous said...

sorry about your work being crappy lately. just think of the nice break you will be getting in a couple of months :}
how did breaking the news to your mom and sister go?

Jen said...

I guess I come from the opposite experience, so I think that what you are offered is amazing. My employer ( a
county government) offers no maternity leave except
for unpaid FMLA: not even disability or short term disability. Unless you save up sick leave and vacation time for years,
you are shit out of luck and a paycheck. forunately for us, I planned ahead and have time banked up to use when munchkin is born bc we could not afford for me to not have income during that time. I know a lot people that are
forced to have unpaid leave or return mere weeks after the baby is born. Our American system sucks and should take a hint from Canada!