Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

20 weeks - Halfway there!

We reached 20 weeks yesterday - amazing! My belly has gotten bigger, and I feel movement every so often. Tomorrow is the big anatomy scan - nervous and excited! I'm getting worse heartburn, headaches, terrible mid back pain, hip pain that causes me many sleepless nights, exhaustion....but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Highlights from our Thanksgiving trip to SoCal:
* Lovely time in Santa Barbara
* Becky felt booger move!
* Found out my super religious grandpa has known I'm gay for a long time(!)
* Got to meet my cute niece, Maggie, for the first time
* My mom wanted to hear the full IVF story, so I told her
* My mom cried at the end, and said we've worked so hard for this baby. She said she would be devastated if anything happened to it. (!!!)

Now for some photos! A 17 week and 20 week belly shot, as well as pics from our trip!

Becky having a stein of beer in Solvang, CA.


Dancing with my niece, Maggie!


Maggie!


17 week Pic!


20 Week Pic!

13 comments:

Briannon Lee said...

Wow! What a turnaround from your mom! How special is that?!

And you're belly is looking beautiful. Congratulations.

Can't wait for the post after your next scan.

Laurie said...

Congratulations on reaching the halfway point! I'm eager to hear about the anatomy scan... oh it's just so much fun, you will love it! :)

I'm also so happy to hear about the change of heart with your Mom!

N said...

Congratulations on making it half way! I'm so excited for you guys.

And man, sounds like the trip to California definitely helped a lot. I hope that the good just keeps on coming.

Anonymous said...

you look wonderful!! Congrats on 20 weeks!

Schroedinger said...

Thanks for the update. Such good news on all fronts! Good luck with the scan!

Anonymous said...

Your niece is SO cute!!

Huge congrats on 20 weeks! Wow!! 1/2 way there!!! I know it's a good feeling!

Can't wait to hear how the scan went!
xo

Anonymous said...

so glad things went well with your mother. cant wait to hear all about the scan.

K J and the kids said...

Coming from a religious Mormon family....I have to say that is HUGE ! My mom didn't even acknowledge that I was pregnant until after my daughter was born. I'm not kidding. :)

Congrats on hitting 20 weeks. and how great that you are both feeling the movement.

Jen said...

I will take this as great news from your mom and hopefully
now she can be supportive! Glad you had a good trip
and congrats on being halfway there- time will fly by now, I promise you!!!

Anonymous said...

Carrie, it made me tear up to here your mom is coming around a little. I know how much that must mean to you. I'm glad if nothing else she can acknowledge how hard you have worked and how important this is to you and Becky.

Maggie = adorable!
Belly = adorable!

Can't wait for your scan and congrats on everything!

Anonymous said...

I'm especially glad that your mom was able to show both caring and empathy. What a giant (and I'm sure welcome) surprise.

Congrats on all the milestones... and looking forward to reading about the scan!

Michelle said...

Im saying ITS A BOY! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 20 weeks! You're looking fabulous!