Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 27, 2009

I must stop googling

So I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis a few days ago, and I'm on anti-biotics now. I've been on them for 4 days, but I feel like they aren't working. My OB said it's fairly common to get this infection during pregnancy and they don't know what causes it.

I decided to g00gle it today, ugh. What a mistake. All these doom and gloom articles, saying how it can be very bad for a pregnancy, associated with second trimester loss, and often can cause very premature rupture of membranes. Even the treatment of antibiotics only temporarily treats it for 30% of women, it comes back again in pregnancy.

:( I'll ask my OB to retest it at my Tue appt. Why is this happening! I don't need one more thing to worry about!

In lighter news, we painted the nursery. An hour after we (er, Becky) finished, we decided we didn't like that color, after all. LOL. Poor Becky is priming the walls again, and we'll try to pick a new color.

Now if only this infection could just go away and not come back.

3 comments:

Pufferfish said...

OMG Carrie. That just plain SUCKS. You seem to pull through everything else though, so I have faith you're going to get through this as well. I had to stop googling earlier this week, so I understand the pull. Put down the google. You know enough to make you crazy, it's time to stop!
Good Luck on Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

How totally shitty. I'm doing a little vo doo dance for you right now in hopes of making it go away.

Good luck with the nursary colors. I typically paint a room at least twice before gettig it just like I want it. I am planning color #5 for my kitchen sometime in the near future and if that doesn't do the trick, we're moving out! JK

Dani Magestro said...

YES stop googling! I actually had almost every thing that only about 3% of pregnant women get. Every time I looked up I saw oh you have this but only 5% of women get it so its rare..but YEP I got them all! Googling just made things worse but talking to a friend who was a nurse made me feel better. One time I looked up the type of UTI I had and it scared the shit out of me. I talked to a nurse I trust and she was like GIRL thats the same one EVERYONE has. haha. The internet makes things worse. HUGS and I had that infection once too its really common.