Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's a.....

MYSTERY! Stinker was in a bad position to look at "private parts," and despite two long attempts to get baby to move, we had to call it a day. Once s/he moved a little, his/her legs were crossed in front of its privates. It was cute seeing the legs, and we saw it kick (I felt it, too!).

We also got to see the baby swallowing, and cutest of all - grabbing its feet! It apparently loves playing with its toes.

The ultrasound tech told us to come back next Friday and he'll do another quick scan for free, to see if we can find the gender. Bummer to have to wait, but oh well!

All of baby's measurements and internal organs checked out perfectly! That was more important to us than anything.

We talked to our OB about getting extra monitoring, because of my NK cells. My IVF doc and a nurse at the infusion clinic both said how important it is. OB made us feel like jerks, and said she doesnt want to practice "voodoo healthcare." We were like....wtf, we will pay out of pocket. It's ok to disagree, but this is important to us. She reluctantly let us get monthly scans from here on out. So in the end, we won! We're just too lazy and exhausted to think about changing OBs at this point.

I feel like the next 20 weeks are going to fly by! So much to do! I'll try to upload a pic from our scan later. The tech really didn't take any - just a few profile shots. Boohoo. the little feet were so cute! Bummer we didnt get a pic of that one!

PS - I am so embarrassed. I've gained 16 pounds already! I gained 6 in the last few weeks!

11 comments:

Mina said...

Awwww! I can't wait to find out! I'm glad your little stinker is doing so well :)

K J and the kids said...

That sucks ! I'm glad he's going to take another look in a week for you...how cool is he. WAY cooler than your OB. I really think that the relationship between you and your OB can make or break how you feel coming out of this whole thing. I highly recommend changing. Seriously. You might just be super happy you did. Totally understand staying where you are though. I've had both. A delivery with a doctor I loved and one with a doctor with bedside manners like the doctor you are dealing with. HUGE difference looking back. if I could take it back. I would too.
WOW. such a long comment. sorry to take over.

N said...

Thank GOODNESS that your doctor finally agreed to more regular scans. That has got to be a huge weight off your mind.

Mine does it just because I'm on the Lovenox, to make sure the growth is okay and such - and it is such a relief. And glad you get to go back next week for another peek. :D

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Stinker is doing well and looking perfect, gender mystery aside.

Still not a fan of your OB... that "voodoo" comment is not helpful in any way, is it? Glad you got your monthly scans, though. Even if Stinker doesn't cooperate at the free scan, you'll find out at one of the next four, right?

Jen said...

Stinker is right!?! Maybe next time? Don't
worry about weight...I gained the majority of my weight during the second trimester ad the last 6 weeks, I haven't gained ONE pound! I can't believe it but it all works in the end.

CJ said...

Ah!! How fun! Baby feet are the cutest! Hopefully you will be able to say HE or SHE soon!

bleu said...

I know you are tired of the shit and it does not seem worth changing but I want to impress upon you how critically important your relationship with your OB is in relation to the birth experience you have. PLEASE TRUST ME it can affect you for years and years having a bad birth experience.Especially if the OB is not supporting your wishes. This one does not now and it will very likely only get worse. PLEASE consider changing.

Angela said...

I think you're having a girl!

dariasquirrel said...

the little feets= so cute! that baby is really making you wait! about the weight- don't sweat it!!! i gained most of my baby weight in the first 4 months- about 25 pounds!!! and then the rest of the time was onesie/twosies. i'm two weeks post partum and of the 45 i gained, 35 are already gone! it's sort of insane. and i'm eating everything in sight! breastfeeding is truly a magical diet!

Anonymous said...

dang! already playing with his/her mommies! oh well, he/she can't play much longer. Glad to hear everything is measuring well. dont worry about the weight, you are pregnant...something i had to tell myself A LOT.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear everything is perfect and I can't wait to see some pics!