Just got home from the OB.
Got my Group B test.
He checked my cervix - NO dilation. :( :( :( I was hoping for a 1 or 2.
40%-50% effaced.
I gained effing 4 pounds AGAIN in 2 weeks! I am eating like a bird, I swear. I eat nothing, there is no room in my belly. Any weight gain has to be baby. She feels a lot bigger. She was 6lb4oz at 34 weeks. She must be close to 8lbs now. I'm not sure if I can birth this baby if she's 10-11lbs soon. :(
My sister and mom said they always went into labor at 38 weeks on the nose. But they were also 1cm dilated for weeks beforehand. Im just bummed that my cervix is VERY tight, and shows no signs of opening. Maybe I won't follow in my sister's footsteps after all. I really was hoping for a 38 week birth.
For those of you who remember - with your first child, how dilated/effaced were you at 36/37 weeks, and how soon after did you go into labor?
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
36 weeks - checkup
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
The end is so close! Even if you go to 38 weeks. That's only 2 weeks away!
I was 1cm dilated at 34w5d and the baby was at 0 station. My water broke at 37w1d.
your body will the grow the baby it's meant to deliver--whether she's 6 or 11 lbs.!
and, if you'd like to start softening your cervix, then use evening primrose oil (a capsule a night up your you-know-what!). this didn't work for s. at all, but it may for you.
*HUGS*
1- Watch your swelling. It's not horrendously high weight gain, but it is a red flag.
2- As PP said, your body will deliver when it's meant to. I promise.
3- Effacement means more than dilation. I know that sounds silly, but my midwife said so, and it ended up being true for me, and for others I know. At 36w1d, when I was admitted to the hospital, I was 1cm dilated, 50% effaced. When we started the induction the night of 36w3d, I was exactly the same. The following morning, I was only 2cm, but I was around 80% effaced, and thinning out. I was SO disheartened, but she reassured me that it would be okay - and it was. The effacement & thinning is what your body needs to do so that you CAN dilate. So 40-50% effaced is fantastic for you right now. *HUGS*
And don't worry too much about the weight estimates, they are usually wrong anyway.
I was 0 cm dialated at 36/37 weeks, I lost my plug at 37 weeks 4 days and C was born at 38 weeks. It can change quickly!
A little different circumstances. I was dilated to a 5 when I went in to the hospital to be induced :) hee hee.
They told me they'd fall out if I got out of bed and then I couldn't get them out. I jumped on the trampoline. I ran around the house. Did jumping jacks. :)
I've also known many a people to go from 0-9 in a matter of and hour or so. Don't fret.
i was only a 1/2 centimeter.. and i went into labor right on time. Everyone's body is different. And when its time to give birth, it doesn't matter how far you've come, that little switch is flipped and it all just happens.... dont' stress! when baby is ready, she's ready, and no amount of hoping or wishing on your end is gonna change that!
I was a "fingertip dilated" and 50% effaced from about 37 weeks until 42 weeks. Nothing changed until I was induced. It can be so different for everyone and it can change so fast.
Hang in there. The end was the hardest. My doula described as walkng around knowing someone is going to throw a water balloon at you at any moment but you have no idea when or where it will hit. So crazy making.
Take care of yourself!!
I turned down cervical checks until 39w6d, at which point I was 3cm and 80% effaced. A week later I was 3.5 cm dialated, but the midwife could stretch me to 5cm, 90% effaced. She did a membrane sweep and I went into active labor 10 hours later. Baby was born 48 hours after that, after several hours of pitocin because I never dialated beyond 5 cm on my own.
sooo close!! im excited for you!!!
i never got the checks because i figured it would make me more anxious... i worry too much.
when i did go into labor, i had been having semi regular contractions for about 8 hours. i had a check and was like 1 cm dilated but 100% effaced.
8 hours after that, i was 4cm dilated. all that to say that many woman never dilate until they are in labor
and i do think the effacement is a better judge! it's coming soon.
Post a Comment