Feeling huge. Tons of BH contractions. Baby moves so much during the day, it actually hurts sometimes. Today she's the sleeping dragon, must have worn herself out. I'm excited to reach the end of this pregnancy, and get baby on the outside of my belly! Of course, each time I get a stomach cramp, I freak out. Maybe I'm not quite ready for the pain of labor yet...either way, it's coming!
Two little bummer stories from this week -
1. We had our breastfeeding class at the hospital. At a break, this older lady came up to us and asked "So are you taking this class as students?" Uhhh no. She then saw my belly and said "Oh, you're pregnant! It's just that - I didn't see a MAN over here."
2. My group at work is notoriously boys club. Boobie jokes, women often getting paid less than men, only guys get promoted, etc. Today it got really personal. I wasnt around to hear it, but my friend said our VP was saying disparaging things to others in our group about teammates taking maternity leave. He griped about one woman who just got back, and another who's out right now on leave. How inappropriate is it to say that stuff! in a nasty tone, no less. AND in front of their coworkers! One younger coworker got sucked in by it all and said, "Yeah. 4 months PTO. Must be nice. I gotta sign up for that." (Half the people in my group think maternity leave is Club Med, just sitting around and tanning, watching TV)
Anyway both of those chapped my hide....but they can all kiss my ass. My big gigantic pregnant ass. And in funnier news, I pulled out ye olde handmirror today. Holy shit, my cooter DOES look like two swollen purple twinkies!!! It was a bit of a shock to see it!
Friday, March 26, 2010
36 weeks. Large and in charge!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
So sorry you got irritated by them!
But as Dante said "Let us not speak of them, but look, and pass" ("Non ragioniam di loro, ma guarda e passa").
Some people say the most stupidest things.. really..
Dante is a wonderful writer! (i love him)
I would almost make a complaint at work. that would shut them up.
first - assholes!
second - I almost sprayed my drink across the room at the description of your purple twinkie cooter!
oh golly - what did you say to that old lady?
And your co-workers are all idiots. I think you should find a way to publicly humiliate them, but that's just me!!!!
SOunds like you are almost ready!
Hope you continue to feel in charge!!!
I used to get irritated , and feel like I needed to justify to them that it isn't a vacation, but really, I'm just happy to be able to take leave at all and spend it with my children. Nothing you can say can even give them an inkling of what it's like and anyone who has children knows it's not a walk in the park and wouldn't be saying such stupid things in the first place. One of my coworkers (a woman) referred to maternity leave, saying "Maybe I should ahve had kids, I woulc take a 12 week vacation!" I just let it go, because until you've experienced it, you can't understand.
Just found your blog via poppy, and I cannot believe the breastfeeding class comment. The stuff from the guys at work doesn't surprise me (unfortunately) but seriously with that woman? I didn't see a MAN over here? UGH.
By the way, your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats mommas!
Kim
http://loveanadchaosreign.wordpress.com
Post a Comment