I noticed since yesterday my public bone really aches bad in the front - it's painful now to walk at all. I'll ask my OB about this on Tuesday, but has anyone else suffered from this? Did it heal on its own, or was it a permanent condition? It's miserably painful, just walking 10ft is rough.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
I had pain in that area but only after birth... and it only hurt if I slept on my side with my legs together. (must have been a certain way my bones sat when laying that position). The OB told me it was normal and it would last a good 6 months or so until my body healed and all my joints and ligaments moved back into position. It was horridly painful if I woke up in that position.. and the pain woudl last a good 1/2 after waking up.. it sucked!
We think I had this. Whether it was pubic symphasis or something else, my (very very severe - it was had even to turn over in bed at ALL) hip pain quite literally resolved almost immediately upon birth. I hope it's the same for you.
yep had it from 5 months tp 9...and it went away fast!
I was always told it was ligaments. but it felt like it was right on the bone. I waddled not because of the size but because sometimes it hurt SO BAD to get going. I remember it burning so bad.
It goes away right after they are born. I remember getting up to walk and expecting to feel pain and WA LA. nothing :)
I had pubis symphisis disorder and was on modified bedrest for 3 months. It was excruciating. I could hardly walk or roll over in bed. The good news? They say it makes labor easier and the pain was almost gone after I gave birth. Just soreness and then completely gone by the end of the first week post partum.
I got relief by visiting a chiropractor during my bedrest days. Here is my info on SPD: http://www.babydustdiaries.com/2008/11/not-river-in-egypt.html
No one has "diagnosed" my pubic pain, but every doc, midwife and nurse has told me it's "completely normal" and will disappear after I give birth. Meanwhile, I feel like I've been punched repeatedly in the crotch. I can't step sideways without pain or do the one-legged close-the-drawer-under-the-oven maneuver. I notice it mostly when I haven't been moving around much, like after sitting at my desk or lying in bed. Movement seems to help, to a point, but them baby feels really heavy and a whole other set of pains sets in.
Thanks goodness this pregnancy is almost finished! Hang in there!
I had it after birth - it lasted maybe a month? Completely gone now.
Yep - it sucks. Every time I tried to stand on one foot for something like putting on underwear, I felt like my pelvis was going to snap in half. I also had a lot of pain rolling over in bed. It helped a bit to limit climbing stairs. It was actually painful for me for at least a year after my daughter was born, but I think mine dragged out a bit longer than most.
I should also add that it was always worse after I had "overdone" my activity. I'll have to say again - it sucked.
Post a Comment