Halfway there! I feel like this blob image, mostly from the progesterone. It makes me so lethargic, pee a lot, and poof out like the Giant Marshmallow Man.
The first 7 days are the easiest; now I enter the most difficult 7 days, where time slows down. I've been paying such close attention to my body, that I actually wonder if I'm imagining little twinges. It's that sort of "hyper-attention" that arrives in week 2 of the 2WW.
As far as the real and imaginary symptoms:
- Starting late last night (6DPO), felt a few little twinges/cramps. Most didn't seem to be in the uterus area, but moreso near ovaries. (similar to ovulation pain). of course, this could be NOTHING, but my mind immediately raced to ectopic conclusions.
- Woke up today (7DPO) with a killer migraine. I get migraines all the time, so this isn't unusual. However, I haven't had a migraine of this magnitude for weeks. Is it some form of implantation headache? Or maybe the egg isn't implanting, and the HCG shot is leaving my body...meaning I'm not pregnant. (See, this is how I drive myself crazy in week 2)
- About 30 minutes ago, I had a mild twinge/cramp for about 10 seconds. This time it was definitely in my uterus. In fact, I just had another one... I'm trying not to read into this - as I probably get these little twinges all month long, and never noticed until now. And maybe it's from the Vicodin, who knows.
The headache is really pissing me off, since it's Memorial Day Weekend. I've been in bed all morning, and finally broke down and took a Vicodin. Took it 3 hours ago - It hasn't helped much. I really need Imitrex, but I can't take that. I'm hella nauseas right now, I'm assuming from the Vicodin.
Becks and I went out for dinner the other night. I'd had the worst day at work. Like, the kind of crappy day where ALL I wanted to was to get buzzed. I really wanted a beer. Really bad. Becks brainfarted and ordered beer at the restaurant, which was torture for me. She ordered two, in fact, since it was 2-for-1 night. It was hard to watch her drink, and I could smell the beer. Mmmm. She apologized, and gave me a foot rub later, so we're even. :)
Next Saturday we found out if we're pregnant. I really hope it's a BFP! Don't know how I'm gonna get through the next week, but we've all done it, right? ;-) For those of you with BFPs, I'd love to hear about any uterine twinges you felt, around implantation time. Any stories to share? Also, how soon did you feel any symptoms?
=====
Update (5 hours later): Headache still here, after vicodin and codeine. Just gonna ride it out at this point, no more pills today. I feel my body temps rising. I don't have a BBT thermometer, just a regular one. In the last few hours, it's risen from 97.6 to 98.0. Maybe, just maybe, this is part of the thermal shift? ;-)
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Halfway Through 2WW...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I am so sorry about your headache. They are the worst!!!
hey,,, how exciting.... well i had cramps so bad like AF was coming and sore boobs... and looking at my blog where i wrote the post about giving up, it was a week before AF was due... my boobs usually hurt for a bit then the pain goes away when AF is coming, this time it stayed, and I could hardly sleep on them... what else? I tired twice to have wine and got terrible heartburn and couldnt drink anymore.... as for twinges, i had a few i thought were too high for my uterus... but in retrospect they were at the right time... good luck!!!
I felt those twinges the other day too. I was thinking, "They aren't cramps, the only word I can use to describe it is 'twinge.'"
Two BFPs on Saturday... one for you, one for me.
I'm thinking of testing on Friday. Are you tempted?
i wrote a bit about my dp's tww symptoms, complete with the days in which they occured.
we are testing tomorrow, so i'm not sure if she's pregnant or not.
i hope your headache goes away soon! she had a headache but it was more mild...
i had twinges - but i'm no help hahahahahaha. but i READ online that people have twinges!
i'm gonna go post now.....
i'm sorry about your head :( i only had one migraine in my life and it hurt so bad i wanted someone to shoot me. i had to crawl to my car to get home and then i threw up. it was awful. my heart goes out to you.
get some rest!
xo
Oh, I am so sorry. I suffer from migraines, too, but not nearly as often as it sounds like you do. My heart goes out to you as if this weren't hard enough already.
Hang in there...less than a week to go!
Sorry about the headache....so yucky.
I definitely had twinges, but I had them EVERY cycle that we were TTC, so I stopped giving them any credibility. My boobs being sore, like amazingly sore, was my first big clue. I hope your twinges are special twinges!!
Post a Comment