Thanks to all of you for the thoughtful, funny, and supportive comments to my last post. I was really worked up over that chat with my sister. I read each of your comments 4x, and laughed through some of them (Mrs. Bluemont!). :) You all saved me $$ in therapy copays. This is like the best insurance plan ever. Need therapy? Post your unhappy event, and for a $0 copay, get tremendous therapy. Even Michael Moore can't sniff at that!
My sister is still coming to stay with us this weekend. I've decided that, if she brings the topic up again, all I will say is: "Listen. My chances of getting pregnant are both small AND expensive, with each attempt. I can't afford, mentally or physically, to miss IUIs and/or eat foods that may potentially decrease my chances even further. Now shut the hell up and let's go to this wedding."
AND NOW FOR SOMETHING FUNNY! You all brought me mental therapy, now I can pay you back with some humor. Please watch these, they will crack you up.
Video #1: SNL Sketch / Kristin Wiig does Suze Orman (with lesbian references)
http://kristenwiigfan.com/ormanvid.php
Video #2: SNL Sketch / Kristin Wiig does another Suze Orman
http://tv.popcrunch.com/may-10-snl-kristen-wiig-suze-orman-show-video/
Video #3: SNL Sketch / Kristin Wiig does Michelle Dison, a lesbian reporter
http://kristenwiigfan.com/1michellevid.php
Video #4: SNL Sketch / Kristin Wiig does Jamie Lee Curtis in an Activia Commercial
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/play.shtml?mea=239693
Video #5: Stephen Colbert on Bill O'Reilly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwLqqEzT6rg
And remember kids, it's people first, then money, then things....then homemade maxi pads.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Time for some Thanks, and Laughter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I'm glad that we could all help! This is bloggerapy, I think it's working for me, too.
Practice what you want to say to your sister and you'll be just fine.
Breathe....
There was a spot on the news a week or two ago that highlighted how blogging can be true therapy. Really. Cheaper too!
Hang in there!
haha!!! i think the comeback is perfect! if even out of shock, she shouldn't have anything else to say.
i really want snl to do a spoof of paula dean! i'm not sure if one exists, but the love and i literally bet on how many sticks of butter she is going to use during each of her shows!
Just watched the first of the Suze Orman sketches while eating lunch at my desk. Absolutely lost it laughing--thought I was gonna throw my lunch back up. SO funny!!! Thanks for posting Carrie! :)
good luck with the iui this weekend!! and good luck with your sis...
Looking forward to checkin out those videos. I've been a little out of the loop in reading up on my blogs! Work = insane. Awesome that there is this great network of women though - the support has been amazing for me, so I'm glad you're experiencing it too!!!
Post a Comment