Day 4 of Cycle #2, and my period is finally calming down. Those progesterone suppositories are brutal! I've never had such a heavy period in my life, nor have I ever gone through an entire box of Super tampons in 4 days.
Despite the period from hell, I've been chillin' with my girl. I've been cooking all kinds of things: chili from scratch, Irish soda bread, etc. I've decided to take Friday off work, so I can workout, paint the ceilings, and play with my dog. (I have 30 days accrued at work, ya think it's time I use some days?)
Oh, so the Aetna scandal. My HR and RE both say Aetna should be covering my doctor. Aetna's latest excuse is that my doctor, being new to the area, is not yet accredited with the county. Long story short, I said screw it, I will just make my appointments with a doctor (at my RE's office) who is in Aetna's system. There is another doctor there who we LOVE, perhaps even more than my regular RE. He's in Aetna's system, so I'm just going to wash my hands of this mess. :)
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Everyone is pregnant right now, or has a baby. Everyone. I usually joke about how hard it is to feel like the only non-preggo one, but now it actually does hurt. I feel a little ouch each time I see another happy new mommy. My friends in Boston sent me some photos of their 1 year old, and I'm so happy for them. I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a little part of me that's jealous and sad. After seeing 500 pregnant women today, I got home and found out my friend just had her baby today! I'm so excited, they tried a long time. The baby is beautiful. That actually cheered me up!
Next Thursday is my mid-cycle ultrasound. I will be doing the trigger shot this cycle, to better time the IUI. Have any of you done trigger shots? Any stories you can share? Side effects, did it hurt, did it help with timing?
Until I get that trigger shot, I fully plan to continue making the most of my BFN. Deli sandwiches, Diet Cokes, and beer.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Parting of the Red Sea
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hey There, I triggered on IUI #1, planned on it for #2, but was already surging so there was no need.
I didn't look at the needle, but I expected it to REALLY hurt like a muthaF*ucker and it didn't. Shot in the ass, seconds later and I was like "that's it?!". So don't sweat it.
You may not even need it.
I couldn't really sleep on that side of my bum that night, but by the next day it was fine. No other side effects.
Post a Comment