Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day 6 of 16 Day Wait

I know a lot of you miss my usual spastic TWW banter. haha. :) I kind of do, too. I'm sure that future cycles will bring that behavior back. Early on, I decided not to lose any sleep over this TWW. I've actually been enjoying myself a lot! The hard part is the lack of booze. And the fact that this Wednesday I'm attending a Beer & Oysters night in San Francisco. It will be very awkward being the only person in a small group not drinking beer or eating oysters. Really have no idea how I will lie my way out of this one.

I've had a few boob aches here and there, but they didn't phase me. I had the same thing last cycle. It's due to my lingering HCG shot and progesterone. Speaking of the devil, I truly hate progesterone. Truly and deeply. I've only been on it for a few days, and my stomach is already sticking out as far as our "6-month belly shot" fellow bloggers. Those of you on this "demon drug" know what I mean. So much weight gain, so much lethargy. The weight doesn't come off, either. It fuses to last month's fat buildup.

Soon I will be entering the second half of this wait. Hopefully I will continue with no googling or curiosity of symptoms. No symptoms to speak of yet, anyway. To help pass the time, I have exciting news! Becks and I are taking Thurs-Friday off work, and going to Lake Tahoe! We will be there for 4 days, with the puppy. Staying near the beach, we'll hit the casinos...and the best part, we will be seeing KT Tunstall live in Reno! We got 9th row back, which is awesome. By the time we get back, it will be 3 days till results are in. I can handle that!

Wishing all of you the best this week...and now it's time for my bedtime reading: all your blogs. :)

9 comments:

Lizzie said...

Hey, thanks for checking in on m. I was quiet mostly b/c I was on vacation, and trying to stay in the moment, rather than read blogs obsessively. Anyway, fingers crossed for you, and hoping this is it! Glad you have Tahoe, what a great distraction!

jessie said...

Oh I love Tahoe! That's where were just were on vacay. Too bad our timing couldn't have been the same!

giggleblue said...

oh, you guys should have a fantastic time! and it's going to make the wait go by fast!

have a good time and i'm happy you aren't stressing.

Heather said...

sounds like your doing a great job with this wait! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, re: beer and oysters - I suggest telling everyone you're on a fast but that you just wanted to see their lovely faces.

I'm on my first month of progesterone and I've definitely noticed the lethargy. I'm dreading the weight gain but hope to lose it all soon when I'm throwing up daily from morning sickness.

Have fun in Tahoe!

Anonymous said...

I think it is a great plan to get out dodge while in your wait. I hope you guys have a great time on vacation, that you don't think about the test too much, and that you have a positive on your return.

Anonymous said...

queerstork's idea about the fast is a good one--that, or you ate something that disagreed with you (be sure to eat something in advance!).

Your trip to Tahoe sounds fantastic. We're hoping to get over there soon ourselves. I hope it helps distract you through the rest of your wait!

tbean said...

tahoe sounds lovely! Great place to kill some time---I mean, to vacation, while twwing. :)

Stacey said...

i hope this works for you and the extra long wait goes quickly... waiting sucks!!! thinking of you both