It's decided. I am taking next month off. I feel a huge sense of relief, actually.
I left my RE's assistant 2 urgent voicemails today, saying I need to talk to my RE. No one called me back all day!!! I called again just now and demanded a live person be tracked down. I was then told my RE was out of office that day, so I spoke to her admin. I explained my situation - and that I have 48 hours to make a decision, since I go out of town on Thursday. The admin said I will need to come in sometime between days 6-12 for another SHG. She said I didn't need any other testing, since my bloodwork was only 6 months old. She did agree, after I had a mini fit, to ask the RE tomorrow if she recommends any other testing. We left it at that.
So I have the next 4+ weeks off. No worries about scheduling, no worries about missing work or squeezing in as many drinking events as possible in a 12 day period. In fact, the label you see above is a beer i bought last night, and it's sitting in my fridge. i get my official bloodtest results (aka BFN) back Wednesday, and plan on drinking soon after.
They will run another SHG, and try to figure out what this growth is in my uterus. it's been showing up for 6+ months, even in my last SHG. I hope they can figure out what it is. Worst come to worst, maybe they can surgically go in and look at it. I just want it taken care of, even if it takes 2 months, including surgery.
I still promise to upload my tahoe pics soon! there are some really cute ones. usually when we go on vacation we end up taking a bazillion photos of our Shih Tzu, and like, 2 of us. Clearly, it's obvious who the baby in the family is. :)
While I'm on TTC haitus, I should probably schedule a teeth cleaning. It's been a while.
Thanks to everyone for their thoughtful posts, I read them over and over, and they help me through the rough patches. I don't know what I'd do without this supportive community. Just two more days till I can drink my beer!
xoxos
Monday, August 25, 2008
I am the Decider! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Hi again. It always feels great to make a decision, whatever it may be. I hear ya' on the drink...since I got my BFN, beer is such a nice stress reliever! (granted it is in moderation.):) Enjoy the next four weeks, I am still in the crazy land of two week cycles!
We took a month off over the summer and I was really nervous about it because it seemed like such a long time. But after it was all said and done, I'm glad we did. It was really nice to get out of the holding pattern for awhile. Good luck!
We are on our break right now until after the wedding (which is in 38 days) and so far so good.
Sometimes breaks are a wonderful thing, you wil be able to get everything back on track..
I am so sorry it truly just sucks.
I want to really encourage you to rethink clinics. This is a very trying process and if you do not have confidence or are not comfortable with your clinic it is really not good for you or this process.
The LAST thing you need is to be irked by the doc who are there being paid by you to be your support team. They should be your cheerleaders, your support team and your professionals.
Just some food for thought.
I hope you enjoy the stress-free break, and I love the picture of the nun on the bottle of beer ;)
I hope you enjoy your break the best you can, and that really enjoy your drinks!!
i know how hard it is to take a break, but you WILL feel better after you take some time to re-evaluate the plan. i hope your RE gets on board or you switch. i'm worried about that polyp thing, too and i think you should be getting some answers about what it is or what they plan to do about it.
thank god for beer, huh?
xo
Post a Comment