Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Yeah. I'm gonna go ahead and say "BFN."

Hey guys

We're still in Tahoe - we've had a fantastic time! I'll upload pics when we get home. Thanks to all of you for your comments to my last post. I appreciate all of them very much. Well....I'm about 99% certain that the spotting I'm seeing is period spotting. It hasn't stopped in 3 days. By tomorrow, I will at least need a panty liner. :(

I guess there's the remote chance that it's increasing-in-flow, exactly-like-period, 3-days-and-still-going-strong implantation spotting. My guess is it's my period trying to start tomorrow (according to my regular cycle), and the fact that, this month, I'm on 100mg of progesterone, instead of my usual 200mg.

Becky and I are going to make an appt with a new facility, just to learn more about them, their style, their fees, etc. I just don't feel like I've had enough testing done, and my RE is too casual - just waves everything off. She keeps telling me I should keep doing IUI after IUI for another 5 years before I try something else. Clearly, she is crazy if she thinks I'll wait that long.

Inside, I'm a little sad. It's been 4 tries, and no success. My family all gets pregnant on the first try. I know I'm statstically on track for IUI success/lack of success, but I can't help but think there's something wrong. Something is wrong with my body - maybe it's my possibly polyp, or the fact that my uterus folds backwards, or maybe the lining isn't good. Maybe my eggs aren't good. Or maybe I'm not ovulating. My doc hasn't done one test to confirm any of these. I just can't keep paying $1,500 - $2,000 a month, only to get bloated on progesterone and gain 5 new pounds each month.

Speaking of the big P.....now that my period is starting, it really bugs that I have to take P for another 4 days!!! I don't get my results back till Wednesday, which is 16DPIUI. Grrr, I am so mad. I share the same frustration and sorrow that many of you readers have - with this TTC experience. hugs all around!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is the first time i've happened across your blog. sorry about the spotting and REALLY sorry about your RE. :( DEFINITELY find someone who is willing to get ALL the testing done for you. our clinic, while reasonable in terms of $$$ wanted me to try 3 more times after a bfn and my prolactin level still being slightly elevated. they did the same pffft, don't worry about it deal. i got a second opinion and prescribed dostinex to bring the level back to normal and took 2 months off.

the very next cycle we were bfp. the same second opinion re told me to take baby aspirin and as it turns out a post-partum blood clot testing showed i have factor v leiden which causes miscarriage. the baby aspirin probably saved my pregnancy as the usual protocol for fvl is daily heparin shots!!

now with dp about to try for baby #2, we are doing all the testing under the sun and have already discovered she is hypothyroid due to hashimoto's.

now we are doing even more testing of other auto-immune miscarriage issues. now i'm not saying you have any of those, i think we are some kind of special case with us BOTH having fertility roadblocks, but being part of the ivp has taught me to question all doctors and demand the testing you deem necessary. even if these tests are not covered by dp's insurance, we'll at least have piece of mind that we have done everything in our power to cover the bases. good luck with your search for a better RE.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the negative. It really sucks. I think looking for a new RE sounds like a good plan. I am in about the same position. Sometimes it seems more like they care about getting your money than getting you your baby.

Best of luck to you.

Anonymous said...

Stupid mysterious spotting.

Instead of having so many things in question, it's really a good idea for you to get some tests done! I encourage you to do so asap. Our doc ran an HSG and oodles of bloodwork before our first IUI. While I'm sitting here in my fourth TWW, I know my body is okay to have a baby. All I have to fret about is the wait.

Really, you don't need to have all these questions. Good luck!

tbean said...

Sorry it's a no. My family is super fertile too--always getting pg on the first try. But none of them were using frozen sperm. This is a different ball game.

evangeline said...

i'm doin some wine drinking right this very moment, m'dear :)

LOVE the tahoe pics on facebook!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about the BFN. I really hope you either go to a different RE or get all of your questions answered. This seems like a great time to get all those tests done.