My head cold is finally getting better, but I made an executive decision today. I told my doctor I am opting out of my surgery next week. I just don't want to be under general anesthesia while recovering from a chest infection/cold. Maybe I'm a wuss, but I just don't want to do anything stupid.
Not to mention, in the last two weeks my aunt and grandma both died. I think I need to put more space between their deaths, and my surgery. For my sake, and for my family's sake.
Gosh though, I hate that this delays TTC another 2 months. We started trying in April, and we've only been able to try 4 times! Our next try won't be until December/January! :( We will do Try #5 w/no drugs, but if it gets to Try #6 - we are starting Femara.
Tomorrow we interview a potential new RE & facility, and one much closer to where I work. (a 10 minute drive, versus my current 1 hour drive - yes, each way!) This will make escaping for my myriad appointments a bit easier.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Just a quickie.. (that's what she said)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Sounds like it was the right desision for you. A forced break can be a good thing, I'm taking one myself.
I've been lurking for months and just decided to 'delurk'. Wishing you and your lady luck with the new doc.
Yikes. Yeah, given that you were definitely going to have GA, I think it was the right choice. Doesn't mean it's an easy one, though. *HUGS*
Glad you made a decision that you're comfortable with re: the surgery!! Sorry for the delay.
This sounds like a good choice, and one that you needed to make. While the extended break is certainly not easy to face, you do have an end in sight, so focus now on being healthy and enjoying the moment. You'll be right back on the TTC train in no time.
Post a Comment