Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 7, 2009

BIG 24 hours! (photos included!)



My honey is off to Minnesota for 4 days, leaving me to do the HCG trigger shot on my own. I've been dreading it!!!

Well at 8pm tonight, I did it! I kept starting to inject, then chickened out. The half-ass needle pokes left tiny bloody marks on my belly. haha.

Finally, I pinched an inch, grit my teeth, and JABBED that needle in. PHEW. I was so proud of myself, I felt like Tom Hanks in Castaway, when he built his first fire. "I made fire!!!!" In my case, I was beating my chest, saying, "I injected myself!"

In other exciting news, Ashton Kutcher visited my company yesterday. He chatted with us for a while, and we sang happy birthday to him - and gave him a cake. It was pretty cool, since I'm starstruck whenever I meet celebs.

Here are a few pics I took with my cellphone. They're kinda fuzzy, sorry!




8 comments:

cindyhoo2 said...

Ashton AND a self-injected trigger shot in one 24 hour period.... wow!

Congrats!

jessie said...

you were so close - how neat! i have to admit, he is pretty cute. i like the one of him putting his jacket on.

Anonymous said...

woohoo!! congrats on a successful self-injection!

evangeline said...

OMG! Ashton!

I'm proud of you for doing the shot. I never woulda been able to do it.

Anonymous said...

You are my hero for doing the self-injection! I am petrified! Rock on, girl! This will be it.

Jill

Robbie said...

Way to go! Trina would NEVER be able to self-inject. She'd pass out for sure. :)

Anonymous said...

Great job on doing the trigger shot yourself! I'm not sure i'd have the courage. :)

Very cool about Ashton Kutcher. We only get cool academics at our university. Not nearly as fun as a movie star.

Anonymous said...

I would love to focus on congratulationg you for the amazing trigger amazingness, but, um.... Ashton.

Ashton Ashton Ashton. He's one of two guys I would switch teams for in a second. Beautiful boy.

You are soooo lucky to have celebs visit.

Okay, back to you. Way to go, you!