So Freedom Ph.armacy called to confirm the Men0pur order. My doc ordered 20 vials, and I had to put $1,700 on my credit card.
Are you $*%()%)% kidding me!!!!!! $1,700 for one cycle! For meds?
For those who've taken Menopur, I have a few questions for you:
1) How many days did you take it?
2) What dosage amount?
3) How many follies total, and how many were mature?
4) How many tries till you got preg, (or how many have you done without success)?
Seriously. I better get preggo on this next try. I can't stomach this kind of financial stress. I'm hemorrhaging money.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Someone hand me a paper bag, I'm about to hyperventilate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
i dont know the answer to any of your questions, 'cause we only used menopur in combo with other drugs for IVF. i do have a few suggestions for shooting up menopur though, if you dont mind my going off topic :D
1. you dont have to use all of the liquid that comes with the powders. you can mix several powders and only use a bit of the liquid. i think there are 2ccs of liquid per vial. i was mixing 2 powders in 1/2 cc of liquid (at my RE's permission). the excess liquid just makes the shot longer, and made me swell up and burn.
2. after you mix, let the syringe sit and rest for a few minutes. it gets fizzy when mixed, so let the air bubbles dissipate.
good luck!!
What other meds will you be using? We have some leftover meds that we would be willing to donate. Email me... laurieannnorwood@yahoo.com.
Hey there! I am starting Menopur on Friday, in combination with other drugs so I don't have much wisdom....yet. I did get it significantly cheaper through Wal.greens though. Still expensive but not quite that bad. And no insurance coverage. Of course.
J
I'm UK based, so it's a different kettle of fish, but they had me on a HUGE daily dose of Fostimon (our clinic's equivalent) - 3 bottles daily I think (though like anofferingoflove said, you don't have to use all the liquid. It was obscenely expensive and netted me a crappy number of follicles (I had quite high FSH) but I DID get pregnant. Hopefully you will too, then paying off that money will seem totally worth it.
I feel your pain. Menopur was the only drug the RE used to stim my IVF cycle. I used 4 vials per day (in 1cc of mixing liquid) and ended up IVF stimming for 8 days. I am thinking you will use less drugs per day and for a few less days?
Good luck.
Oh my goodness, that's a lot of $$$! No wisdom to offer, only sympathy. Really hoping that you get great results and a baby from this!
I haven't taken menopor, so I can't help you there.
But I'm with you, the prices of these drugs are astounding!! It is so sick.
May this be the trick that brings home your precious baby.
I used 2 vials a day along with Follistim. Repronex is just like Menopur but cheaper which is something to think of if need be down the line (HOPEFULLY NOT). Putting a call out for donations is also very good, it saved me a ton during many of my IVF cycles. There are also places online to buy them from others who are done which I have used many times and it has saved me 60-80%. Let me know if you want more info and good luck.
WOW...had no idea how expensive this stuff as we have been blessed with great insurance coverage.
Used Follistem with IUI#4 and had success. 3 good follies. Unfortunately miscarried. Used Follistem and one dose of Menopur IUI#5 and had 3 good follies again. We are now 7 weeks PG and have seen one beautiful heartbeat.
Hate that you had to go through so many cycles before they put you on injectibles. GOOD LUCK!!!
Oh, the financial pressures...NOT what we need when TTC! I have only taken Folli.Stim (which from what I've read is straight FSH whereas the Men.Opur is a combo of FSH and LH.) But, I'm older than you by 5 years, and my day 3 FSH is already at 9. Maybe this is why. We also went thru Free.dom and our drugs were going to be $3,000 for a week (it's just so f'ed UP!) We found that we have two months of coverage. So, we're praying it happens. I wish you luck this round! Good karma coming your way...
UGH! That is a nice chunck of money. While I don't have any knowledge on this subject I can be here for support. :]
Carrie! So sorry...I am still in a lot of debt from our fertility woes of 2008, so I completely understand! But I can't believe Freedom is still that expensive. I am only using Follistim but I was told it could be $1000 per vial, but luckily my insurance covered it and I had a co-pay. Have a strong drink...
Post a Comment