Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I know it's early, but I already feel a BFN coming

8DPO. Still no symptoms. A few bb zingers, but that only started after I began using Fem@ra.

I had to "reach up" and clean out all the stored up, gunky progesterone. I'm trying a new type this month: Pro.chieve. It's a plastic tube, filled with cream. You just squeeze in the stuff, but it eventually wads up like wet tissue paper, and stays up in your cooch for days. How lovely, right. So I had to go in and pull a bunch out.

Anyhoo, my cervix was really low. All the BFP stories I hear say the woman had a super high cervix right after implantation. I realize it's a little rash to call the cycle a BFN so early, but there's a startling lack of any positive symptoms.

Will it even make a difference on injectables? I had two follicles this month from Fem@ra, and still likely a BFN. Are we seriously moving to our 8th IUI?

9 comments:

Lizzie said...

I'm sorry you're feeling discouraged. I won't say all the cheerleader stuff about how it is way too early (though it is), because I know how it is to be disappointed. Big hugs and sorry for the gloppy goopy progesterone.

N said...

Ugh. Sorry about the goop.

It sucks to be so disappointed; so disheartened.

I will say that not everybody has a high cervix in early pregnancy; most people I know, theirs didn't move up until later. Certainly not during the TWW.

*hugs*

A said...

The goop doesn't sound like fun...

Sorry you aren't feeling any symptoms. But remember everyone is different and I wouldn't give up hope until you kow for sure.

Hang in there.

Jen said...

That just sounds icky. Sorry you are discouraged...believe me, this seems to be the month for disappointment. Not sure what effect injectibles will have on your body, but I am going through hell right now b/c of them, so be careful. Lots of follies can be a blessing and a curse!

Anonymous said...

ick. i think my RE is going to switch me to progesterone suppositories next week -- after reading your post, i may insist on continuing the shots!! ew.

8dpo is too early for any decisions about success vs failure. keep faith alive! i'm hoping for you!

Anonymous said...

I just started reading your blog (I've seen you around a lot). I hope you're wrong about the BFN feeling.

Anonymous said...

I know it's so hard to stay "up" during the TWW knowing that you're also subconsciously protecting yourself from that BFN. Lots of positive energy coming your way when you can't muster it. We ALL have those days!!! I did my first cycle of injectibles last week- Follistim. Started with 5 follies on day 3 u/s. 3 looked promising, then I was "one of the 10% of women" who's LH goes too fast and I started to prematurely ovulate and had to trigger shot two days sooner than the doc wanted to. So, my advice is, if you go on an injectible, make sure they check you out before day 6!!! U/S and bloodtest. They could have caught me and stopped it, but instead I had to trigger early. Had one, maybe two mature follicles in the end. The injectibles are not bad, I had a horrible reaction to Clomid and this was SO VERY different. No mental issues on this. Just nightly injections (bit of soreness) and lots of bloating. I was on a high dose though(about 450 iu). They think I am running out of eggs prematurely (I just turned 37). So, hope this gives you a little insight! The injectibles are pricey, but they worked for my best friend who tried for 8 years (she's married to a man) and now she has one year old twins! Good luck to us all!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I can't help it. I have to give you the "It's way too early" lecture because it is. Those dates for implantation aren't always quite right; in fact, many implantations happen much later than seven days. You may not have implanted yet; in fact, it's likely that you haven't, so you can't make any judgments about your cervix position just yet.

I so know the feeling of being disappointed early, and I know how annoying it is to have people try and blow sunshine up your ass, so I'm not going to do that. I'm just going to suggest you give it a few more days. I can attest that there are MANY of us who got pregnant on the cycle when no symptoms seemed right at all. Still, there is no way to make any of this easier.

By the way, have you checked out the TWW advent calendar that One of His Moms made? It's fantastically fun. Her blog is here: http://oneofhismoms.wordpress.com/

Michelle said...

I respond much better to the injectibles over Femera. It's not so much a difference in follicle count, but my Estrogen goes way up and I think that makes a difference with me. Everyone's different though.

Don't give up on this cycle yet... it's too early.

I hear ya on the too many cycles, I'm about to do IUI #13.