Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Another question for you

So around 4pm today, I started getting these sharp, stabbing pains in the front of my belly. They are like little lightning bolts that zip down my belly, then disappear. I've had about 20+ of them in the last hour.

They are always in the same spot....about 1-2" to the right of my belly button, and they shoot down about 3-4".

WTH is this? This can't be a stretching pain. Is this something you've all experienced, or something I should be concerned about? I left a message for my OB's nurse, but I tried to really downplay it so I wouldn't look paranoid. (I think my OB has already labeled me the paranoid patient)

I hate not knowing what's normal and what I should be concerned about. So far no bleeding. I hope things are ok...I can't seem to find stories of this pain anywhere on the web. All the round ligament stories happen later on, and in a totally different area.

omg, can it seriously just be Friday yet. I'd like to know if I'm still pregnant or not.

9 comments:

N said...

Ah, welcome to the world of round ligament pain. Alas, it is, in fact, stretching pain.

And it's painful. Very, very, very painful. It was for me, anyway.

And they're scary. But totally normal. Any kind of relaxation technique would help, but not actually in the pain, just in the getting through them. I'd go through periods where I had a ton of them, and then none for hours, and then back to a ton.

I really thought I posted about it in the blog, but apparently not. It's what my cramps (which I had until 8w, and then again from around 10-12 weeks) morphed into, and they stayed for a while.

The cool part was that after a few days of it, I could usually see a visible change in my shape.

Anonymous said...

I had that kind of pain around 12 weeks preggers. It lasted for a couple of months, would go away and then come back.
I eventually grew to like it-it was reassuring that the baby was still there and growing!
It's totally normal.

Two Moms, Two Monkeys said...

Totally round ligament pain. I also got these from about 10 weeks on.

You shouldn't worry about what they are thinking about you at the OB's office, you have every right to ask about your pain and other symptoms. You are pregnant and you have never been through this, they should understand. You are not the first mommy to call about any little thing, I'm sure they get it all the time.

Hang in there, Friday is almost here.

Briannon Lee said...

Hi the pain sounds terrible and I imagine it would be scary if you haven't experienced it before.

I hope you've been reassured by the other bloggers who've left comments re round ligament pain.

Bring on Friday - I'll be looking forward to your post!

jessie said...

sounds like lovely round ligament pain which is SO scary the first time it happens and you don't know what it is.

Pufferfish said...

Ditto, ditto and ditto. That was the first thing I thought of and I had to think back to remember when I first started feeling it.
You get used to it, but I was very scared the first time I felt it, too.

Well, you wanted a sign that you were still pregnant!!?? You got it! I am so glad that Friday is ALMOST here. You need some release.
Breathe, baby, one day at a time!!

Jen said...

I agree with everyone else. It sucks and it is painful and
you will eventually get used to it. There are moments where I double over from the stretching and burning pain and it will go away after a bit. Girl, you are growin and still pregnant.

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, it is probably stretching pain or round ligament pain. I had a lot of it in my first trimester..it would be very insistent some days, then absent for others.

Try not to worry....it sounds like your body is doing what it's supposed to!

Anonymous said...

wow. I just started temping and charting and will start inseminating in November, but damn! its crazy the amount of shit no one tells you about! round ligament pain!?!? why doesnt anyone talk about this in real life?

ok. im done.

happy wednesday:)