Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Eventful trip to Seattle!

We just got home from Seattle. Oh my, what an eventful trip. The highlight was me fainting twice in the Pike Place Public Market, in front of 100 people.

We were walking around, and I suddenly got profusely sweaty and clammy. The next thing I knew, my eyesight started getting black splotches in it - my 3 second warning that I'm going to faint. I put my hands on Becky and said "I'm passing out!" The next thing I knew, I was on the ground. Apparently, I completely fainted and Becky held my weight up, slowly lowering me to the ground. It was so confusing and scary.

I've felt so weird the past few days. I've had that on and off bad cramping - like super bad period cramps. I've had that weird spotting...now it's mostly yellow/orange. Again, weird. And then I've had on/off bouts of diahrrea. I called my OB, and they recommended I go to the ER to get checked out.

The ER was actually pleasant. they took my vitals, did an EKG - everything looked great. I did show anemia, and possibly slight dehydration. They checked the baby - world's longest ultrasound scan - and baby was totally fine. Moving around a LOT!

I've been a bit off the last few days since then. While at my friend's wedding that night, I almost fainted again, so B took me back to the hotel. Yesterday we were about to walk around a bit, but I definitely felt tired, kept having diahrrea, and felt very off. Today I am feeling a ton better.

I'm so grateful Becky was there to catch me - I can only imagine what would have happened if I'd fallen on my stomach...on hard cement. Let's hope that was the last fainting spell for a while!

And now for some pictures. Here's some of us at this beautiful area called the Ballard Locks. Also, a picture of Becky at the Crab Pot - she had been dying to go there and get the tub o' seafood. :) Last but not least, a pic of our bubbie at 14w4d! (The one benefit of a trip to the ER is a scan! The technician took this pic of baby and called him/her "The Thinker." LOL




7 comments:

Robbie said...

Wow, that WAS an eventful trip. No more fainting please.

N said...

How scary! I hope it's just the anemia, and putting some iron back into you will help. So glad you got to get a look at the babe, though, and that picture is adorable!

Two Moms, Two Monkeys said...

Very scary! Glad everything is fine and so happy you got another scan! He/she is getting big!

Anonymous said...

You had some scary moments there! I'm glad that you're okay!

I LOVE the Thinker picture...look at your little one!

Jen said...

Holy crap girl! Very scary. I am glad everything is okay and that you went to the ER.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! i am so glad you are okay and feeling betetr!

CJ said...

I know you're a blogger and all, but really, you don't have to make your life this eventful just for us! Take it easy girl!