Yesterday morning every single symptom, heartburn, twinge, uterine stretching, EVERYTHING stopped. I haven't had a single sensation since, and I am worried about Baby A. I've called my OB, my high risk clinic - no one will do a doppler check for me. I am truly terrified again. I've been feeling SOME stuff every day the past week, and now it's a deadly silence. Totally shut off.
Question - do you remember how often you felt uterine stretching/cramping around 13/14 weeks? Was it constant, on/off throughout the day, or was it on some days and completely off for other days?
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Freaked out (I know, I'm a spaz)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
Oh...I am sure that Baby A will start moving soon and all the worries will just begone. This cycle of constant panicking is ongoing, unfortunately....even when my son almost turns 10. I still worry about everything. Try to think positive and send positive vibes to Baby A.
I wish there was a magic potion I could send to ease your nerves. I urge you to stay positive and focus on how strong and beautiful baby is. All the stress, negativity and worry isn't good for you or baby. Maybe you can find calming music to listen to... or take a warm bath... or go for a walk...
You have to trust that baby is just fine. Pregnancy isn't an exact science... things change and will continue to change for the next 6 months. There will be days where things are quiet and there will be days where you can't believe how active things are. It's all normal!
It's possible you're just reaching that point. It was around this point that I did stop feeling things. And let me tell you that time between that and feeling the baby was SCARY. I won't deny it. Even now, I'd love to feel the baby more, but b/c of her position, I don't. It is what it is.
I wish there were some way to ease your nerves. But it's true what they say - every woman, and every pregnancy is different. And anything and everything can be normal.
I keep meaning to write a post about how I could be on I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. Except for that whole deliberately trying to get pregnant thing.
Sending you some calm peace....
Pregnancy is so hard because there could always be something wrong, and our imaginations and our desires to have healthy babies make it seem like anything bad is possible. But usually things are okay.
It was around eleven or twelve weeks when ALL of my symptoms disapeared. I was horrified. I could suddenly eat anything I wanted. I wasn't tired. I felt normal, and that was the last way I wanted to feel. Fortunately, this was a good thing: I was moving into the blissful second trimester, and everything was fine. Thirteen weeks is right within that timeframe, so I'm betting that is just what is happening for you.
Do what you can to take some deep breaths and calm yourself. It's hard, but it's the best thing you can do.
re.lax.
Welcome to trimester two almost! I wasn't feeling that stuff after the 1st trimester
There are still days were I barely feel anything and then
munchkin will start doing somersaults and I know he is fine. Pregnancy is a balance of letting go and being pro-active. Relax and trust that everything is okay.
take care of yourself...try and relax in some way, dispite the worry that is plaguing you....maybe a massage? enjoy the days when you have no pains and aches and imagine how happy your little baby A is tucked in there. i had many days at your stage where i felt nothing- too early for the baby to be moving much and some days the body is done stretching! now i sort of miss those as i am struggling with very painful sciatica and have problems walking! pregnancy is such a wild ride, so precious and so short. i hope you find peace while you're on this part of your journey, and i understand why that is so hard. know that you have lots of support.
Here's hoping you wake up sick :)
I do remember losing all of those feelings and calling the doctor. They said that they'd get me in for an ultrasound the next day and by then the symptoms had returned.
I was a MESS through my first pregnany. and even with the two to follow I remember going to each ultrasound and expecting the worst.
You will worry clear until s/he gets here and then some. unfortunately. it comes with the "mom" title.
i dont even remember carrie, so sorry, but i know for ages i didnt feel anything.. just not sure when it was, but I am so sure everything is fine with you! hope you can enjoy it... sending love... we are starting again this week!!!
I'm sending lots of calming energy your way. I'm sure everything is fine, but I understand your anxiety. Do you have methods of getting through high-anxiety periods that have worked for you in the past? It sounds like now would be the time to put those strategies to good use. I worry about your health and well-being, and really want for you to be able to enjoy your hard-earned pregnancy! xoxo
I am 27 weeks and I have got to tell you, symptoms, movement, feeling pregnant - they all come and go. Some days the baby kicks the hell out of me, some days I get just a couple of flutters. The stretch between 12 weeks and 20 was the hardest because the u/s were over and I really could not feel him moving much. You are going to be pregnant for a long time - try not to drive yourself crazy!
Post a Comment