Once again, this baby has beaten the odds! Despite blood clotting issues, natural killer cells, this kid keeps on truckin'! We decided when s/he is born, we're buying a little "Keep on trucking" shirt, and a little baby trucker hat.
Becky and I held hands before the technician came into the room. We decided no matter what happens, we will be ok. Right away, Becky saw the heartbeat once the doc started. Huge sigh #1. The baby looked great, was moving around, waving arms and kicking legs. It was so cute! I want to kiss those little leggies. :)
The nuchal measurement was 1.8mm, in the normal range. Huge sigh #2. (Of course I'd have liked a solid 1.3mm better, guess i can never be pleased. LOL) The left and right parts of the brain all looked normal, exactly what they want to see. Huge sigh #3.
My blood tests all came back negative, so my final risk assessment:
Downs 1:1500
Trisomy: 1:87,000
We like those odds! We're less inclined to do an amnio now, for sure. For those of you who did nuchal scans in your 12th week, what measurements did you have?
Oh and PS - I started crying when we heart the heartbeat for the first time. :)
I feel like we've been blessed so much to have crossed this milestone. We know this pregnancy will have several more ahead of it, but to have made this far is a miracle, and we are so happy today.
Friday, October 9, 2009
Immense relief
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



25 comments:
Awww so happy for you!! I've been stalking your blog waiting for the news! Congrats!
its the best news ever! we are both so happy for you and have been blog stalking all morning here. big smiles for u girls. xx this baby is sticking around for the long term, we cant wait for more u/s piccies x ps. think avoiding the amnio is wise x
Yay for your lil trucker! This post really made my day.
i'm so happy that everything looked okay, your little trucker is still with you and you can hopefully enjoy some relief from the worry!
Oh that is such good news!
I knew it! Keep on truckin little pooper :) I so happy and glad I checked fb...I knew right away!!!!! Congratulations.
Yayy! I'm so happy for you mama!
1.8 is GREAT!! Shush you. :)
Taken directly from my post about our nuchal results (didn't get them until after the scan as I had the blood prick that day):
-The nuchal fold was 1.50mm (very good)
-Risks of Trisomy 21 1:6,128 (compared to their lab's risk for my age of 1:664)
-Risks of Trisomy 13/18 1:23,941 (I missed my age comparison, it was 1 thousand something)
I know this is such a relief for you. Relax and enjoy your weekend!
Yay!!! This made me smile :)
Oh, I'm so glad to hear that your baby is doing well!
Fantastic news! First thing I checked on waking this morning and I couldn't be happier for you.
SO relieved!! :)
congrats on a great appointment and on hearing the heartbeat!! :)
What wonderful news!! Keep on Trucking little one!! There is a whole world out here waiting for you!
Yeah Trucker!! I'm so happy for you. You have passed the first major hurdle. I hope you will start really believing in this pregnancy now, because the rest of us surely do!
Have a great weekend!!
What a wonderful list of good news, and what a huge relief!
Hoooraaaayy! What fantastic news! I got goosebumps reading about the heart beat. Congratulations! I can't wait to see pics of those little leggies!
So happy for you and trucker! xo
hey mothers of a trucker,
sounds like your little one is doing great. my opinion, skip the amnio unless there is something else that comes up. Your numbers are normal, Your risks don;t have much to do with the baby, just with the killer cells and clotting issues. take care of that and yourselves. Believe that it's possible. I think it's common to read and worry and worry and over stress when you have a hard go of it in the ttc process. but you'll do yourself and your baby a world of good when you take time to breath and not symptom check and worry so much. We nicknamed out peanut "Claire" early on, as in the indestructable cheerleader from heros. We didnt know we were having a boy. We'd say claire or clarence.
thanks for chcking out my blog. :)
Such great news! Congrats!
Carrie, what wonderful news!! I'm thrilled for you, yet again.
Gosh, I was offline the last few days (our son entered this world on the 8th of october) and I am SOOOOO glad everything is fine with you guys. This post made me all teary :)
Amazing! You better start thinking about nurseries and carseats ladies. There's a baby a comin'!
Woo hoo!!! I am so happy for you two!!!
Post a Comment