I called Obstetrix to see if they had my blood results in (the ones that take 7-10 days, and the ones they apparently need for a nuchal scan). They TOLD me to call them to confirm they are in.
"Uhhh no, we don't have a way of checking to see if your results are in."
"What do you mean, you asked me to call you to confirm before I come in on Friday."
"Yeah, all the results are online now, and only our ultrasond technicians can access."
"great, so can one of them check for me."
"nooo, they cannot check."
"So how the hell am i supposed to know if you have the results in since you said I'd have to reschedule otherwise?"
"Just show up on Friday, and we can reschedule if they aren't in."
"I still don't understand why you can't check first and let me know, before I miss a half day of work."
Fckn a. So we will just show up on Friday. If the results are not in, I have to wait another 1-2 weeks(!!!) to get the results. We will still get the scan to confirm baby is alive, but it will kill me to not know if it's "ok" or not. I'd have to see my OB to get the final results, and she's booked out 2 weeks. They don't seem optimistic about squeezing me in. I will scream and throw a fit if I have to.
PS - the standard blood tests came back saying I'm now anemic. Great. Anyone else get this while preg?
Worst fcking day. I want to go home. Becky bought me a Snuggie, so at least there's that. I love my snuggie.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
most annoying day of my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Just delurking here :)
I was anemic with our youngest son - he'll be one in November. I don't remember numbers or anything like that, I am horrible I know. But my doctor did prescribe an OTC iron supplement that I took for a few weeks. I also made sure to have spinach and red meat every day. I also drank orange juice (the vitamin C is supposed to help you retain the iron). Even now, I think it may have messed with my body. Tests show otherwise but my body feels similar.
Obviously, I don't know you, but I read your blog and you and Becky are in my thoughts. I went through 2 miscarriages and tried for over a year to get pg. My parents, too, are wonderfully unsupportive.
Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!
I was anemic during my pregnancy too. I was put on prescription strength iron. Within a few weeks of giving birth my anemia went away. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
So annoying about your test results. They should know parents are clearly anxious to get these results back!
Crap, that seems like a poorly run system! I can totally understand your frustration, especially since you're taking so much time off of work! I certainly hope that all goes smoothly tomorrow.
Snuggle up in your Snuggie. Never a bad thing. xoxo
Anemia when you're PG sucks, but is very common. My Midwife suggested Chloraphyll (you can get it at natural foods stores in capsules) because it doesn't constipate you (very important when you're pg! LOL). OB offices are annoying!!!
I had anemia with my son too....in my uneducated head, I would think that would be a GOOD sign that your body is sharing good stuff with the baby and taking it from you....but I'm not a doctor!
I would throw a fit too...that's just ridiculous!
I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I know nothing about zinging pains or pregnancy related anemia. Since I don't have any information or personal stories to alleviate your worries, I'll try to lighten your mood. Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h05ZQ7WHw8Y
PS- I wish you could go to my clinic as they are all so efficient and amazing.
Post a Comment