Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 30, 2009

Response #1 is in

I very reluctantly sent my mom and sister the big announcement via email last night.

My sister wrote back this morning. She was nice, happy for us. She was upset that I didn't tell her sooner. I can see that, she always told me right away. Still, I can't expect her to understand the weight of the issue for us. All the scares, the early loss of Twin B.....it never eased up long enough to feel confident telling people. I guess she'll be mad at me for a while, but what can I do, right?

Still waiting to hear from my mom. Bleh

=== Update: It's now almost 1pm PDT. Still no email or call from mom. I know she checks her email all day long, and I saw her as "active" on F@cebook earlier today. What's funny - as soon as she finds out one of my cousins is pregnant, she spams me and my sister, all excited, about the good news. Of course, when it's her own daughter, it's a different story. Sigh.

4 comments:

dariasquirrel said...

heya- i think that's pretty great that your sis actually did want to know (although she's mad now...it's a good sign, really!) so, she cares, realizes that this is very important. i hope she gets thru the anger and then you can share a little of this joy with her. good luck with the second response!!!

N said...



I'm glad that she was happy for you guys, though. I hope the response from your mom is okay. *hugs*

Pufferfish said...

I agree with the above, the fact she was 'angry' is more likely hurt and it's a good sign. Your mom...who knows. Maybe she's just trying to think of the right thing to say--which is much better than flying off at the mouth.
My brother and cousin--the only 2 members of my family besides my mom to attend our big gay wedding--have yet to call me and say ANYTHING. So, I guess it was OK for us to get married illegally (b/c who doesn't love a great party) but to have children? Not so much.
It stings, but what can you do. I wouldn't want their life either.

Anonymous said...

Hey.. family stings doesnt it. I have a great family but my partners siblings werent impressed when they found out we were TTC... like we need further judgement.
I hope she comes through for you...