Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 30, 2009

Response #2 is in

Well just when I'd given up hope, my mom wrote. I was starting to get upset, it was 1:30pm. I mean come on, right? Aren't moms supposed to congratulate you right away? (Not my mom)

I think my sister put the fear of God in her, and warned her to be nice this time. My mom's email was, indeed, nice. Was it sincere? I don't think so, but I'll take fake nice over honest mean right now.

She even went so far as to say this child is a special gift from our Heavenly Father. Umm, is she feeling ok? Well i guess this means we will still plan to visit her during our Thanksgiving trip to LA. She also mentioned that when she was pregnant with me, all she ate was hot dogs and runny egg yolks. Umm, pretty sure those are two foods on the banned list. I should tell her the runny yolks are why I'm gay. ;-)

Well at least the cat's out of the bag. I think in 3 more weeks we'll probably announce it more broadly on F@cebook.

10 comments:

GIsen said...

"Runny yolks are why I'm gay" lol

I was thinking it was the weenies.lmbo

Michelle said...

ha! you made me laugh out loud with that one!

Unknown said...

Love it. I am glad she responded, even though it may not be totally heart felt. But, I am EXCITED for you to out yourself on FB so I can comment appropriately...I feel like I know a secret. :)

Jen said...

The above comment was me, Jen. Tiff never logged out. Grrrrr..... :)

laura said...

...I knew there was something funny about the look of those egg yolks! It should be taught in health class! lol! Seriously I am thrilled that the responses have been positive for you-

Pufferfish said...

Mothers can come around. I am living proof of that. And a baby in the world can make the toughest person crack. I hope it's not for show and that she is coming around. Regardless, it's a MUCH better outcome than what you had anticipated and I'm very happy for you both.

Anonymous said...

It's great that your family responded positively. I'm sure that's a huge weight off of your shoulders!

Two Moms, Two Monkeys said...

Hi Carrie, hilarious about the runny yolks!

I agree with puffer in that she will come around. Remember that bro & sis in-law I told you about? Well, once the boys were born, they started coming to OUR house to visit us (well them really) something they had never done in the 4 years we have lived together. There is something about cute squishy babies that always makes people soft!

dariasquirrel said...

that is so great...and one less thing to stress about. smooth sailing from here on out for you and your little one!!!

Anonymous said...

i hope your mother comes around little by little. even if she doesn't you know you have done all you can, it will be her loss now