Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 19, 2010

Nearing the end


Wow. Do you know how long I've waited to have my pregnancy ticker look like this? Today the final baby image is now highlighted. I really can't believe it.

I'm getting close to starting my 9th month. Here are a few observations about the 8th-9th month of pregnancy!

1. Even in my 8th/9th month, I still puke when brushing my teeth.
2. One can never drive slow enough over speed bumps. (Bouncing with a big belly doesn't feel good)
3. Pooping is worthy of a housewide announcement..and arguably a FB status update. (Haven't done the latter just yet) :)
4. Just like the kama sutra book shows 500 positions for sex, I could write a kama sutra equivalent book for sleeping positions while pregnant. I must have 500 positions that I switch between in one night alone.
5. In line with #4, there is no longer a single comfortable sleeping position.
6. You become increasingly dependent on, and truly thankful for, your spouse/partner/sig other.
7. Putting on socks is virtually impossible. Underwear is almost in the same category. And the only wearable shoes at this point are slip-on.
8. I now own more maternity sweats than regular non-maternity pants/jeans.
9. The panic of labor is sinking in.
10. It still doesn't seem real that in a matter of weeks our lives will be so different, and we'll have a little baby in the house. Will it not feel real until we bring her home?

4 comments:

sandra said...

We are getting there, eh? Hard to believe!

Anonymous said...

Hell, it STILL doesn't feel real sometimes and we're a year down the road! Exciting times ahead for you!

N said...

DON'T PANIC ABOUT LABOR. Really, I promise. As for the rest, a million times yes.

HURRAH!!!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. If you make that announcement on FB please add me as a friend first so I can read the comments! Hilarious.

Your so close now and your ticker is gorgeous.